GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,184
1 members and 1,183 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Jean Skirts?

Do you think that lighter or darker skirts will be in next season? And what about leggings?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

STEP AWAY FROM THE LEGGINGS. Unless it is 1985, and you are a jazzercise instructor, there is no good reason for the reckless use of spandex legwear.

Also, I think dark denim always looks better than light.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel
STEP AWAY FROM THE LEGGINGS. Unless it is 1985, and you are a jazzercise instructor, there is no good reason for the reckless use of spandex legwear.

Agreed on both parts. And for most schools' rushes, it should still be pretty warm, and you would die in leggings and a skirt.

When someone says light denim, I can't help thinking of acid-washed and the almost-white jeans of the 80's. JUST SAY NO.

Dark denim is much more flattering and attractive.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice
Do you think that lighter or darker skirts will be in next season? And what about leggings?

May I also suggest avoiding the mini skirt? I dunno bout the rest of you, but knee length or slightly above tends to look more presentable to me. Some of those skirts look like you're wearing a tube top over your rear.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADqtPiMel

Ohh... I hate to break this to everyone out there.. but leggings are going to be the "in" look this fall. Yep.. everything that is old is new again. I've already seen them being pushed in the Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales fall catalogs.

http://search.bloomingdales.com/exec...ggings&x=0&y=0

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...e-dots-utility

And yes.. "Flashdance" sweatshirts and sweaters are back in as well. Just thank goodness they horrid padded shoulders aren't back!
Old 07-30-2006, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quick hijack...

Has anyone noticed that the ankle length leggings overlayed with a mini-skirt coming back? I'm scared!

ETA: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! blueangel, you've confirmed my worst fears. That sun-sentinal articles says:

Quote:
Leggings are back. Here in hot and humid SoFla that trend might flop, but girls just might flip for legwarmers, knee socks or capri-length leggings under a short denim skirt. (Hilary Duff packages a pair of leggings with patch-covered miniskirts in her tween-targeted line called Stuff.)

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel
Ohh... I hate to break this to everyone out there.. but leggings are going to be the "in" look this fall. Yep.. everything that is old is new again. I've already seen them being pushed in the Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales fall catalogs.

http://search.bloomingdales.com/exec...ggings&x=0&y=0

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...e-dots-utility

And yes.. "Flashdance" sweatshirts and sweaters are back in as well. Just thank goodness they horrid padded shoulders aren't back!
We'll see how well they take off in real life. Some of this stuff is built up to be the next big trend and it never really takes off as much as they want it to.

And it's probably still not appropriate for rush, unless it's more of a later in the fall rush.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani
We'll see how well they take off in real life. Some of this stuff is built up to be the next big trend and it never really takes off as much as they want it to.

And it's probably still not appropriate for rush, unless it's more of a later in the fall rush.
kddani, I've seen it! I've seen it! My eyes!!!!!!! There are young women/girls walking around my local mall looking CRAZY with these outfits.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni
kddani, I've seen it! I've seen it! My eyes!!!!!!! There are young women/girls walking around my local mall looking CRAZY with these outfits.
WTF, this is as bad as uggs in the summer. It's 90-some degrees throughout the majority of the country.

Just because some people wear them does not mean that we all should! lol.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately I've seen girls dressed like that to bars. However, even if you like that look, it's not a good idea to go to rush wearing the same thing that you would wear to a bar/club with your girlfriends on a Saturday night.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I just recently left a job in retail and was utterly appauled that in fact, leggings are making a comeback!!! I don't really think they are appropriate for rush however. But on a sidenote: how long before legwarmers and the 2 colors of tubesocks make a comeback as well?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

All I have to say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 03:22 PM

One of my friends has been cutting off tights to make leggings under a skirt for over a year now. She looks fabulous. However, she would look fabulous in a paper sack.

Unless you are SUPER SUPER SUPER skinny - I'm talking no butt, no hips, no thighs - don't do leggings under a straight skirt. I was a lot thinner the last time those were around and I still wouldn't have dared wear them.

Same with light denim - you'd better be skinny to carry it off.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

The thing with fashion trends, at least in America, is that they are bastardized soon after mass production. We all know the 80s has come back. It's evident with the latest trends that have come by lately.

Yes, leggings will be "in" this FALL, presumably when it's cold, but you know girls will walk around with them on regardless of the weather (think Uggs). I personally think leggings are cute depending on the girls stature and what she's wearing it with. I don't think the jean skirts + leggings is cute, especially when everyone and her mother is wearing it. But if you want to get into specifics about Fall trends, leggings will definitely be there, paired with a long top, such as a tunic. I haven't seen much in terms of skirts but...you never know.

I don't see trends as a big deal like I used to. If you do a little research, you'll find that some of them are really nice and classy. But like I said earlier, mass production ruins everything because everyone looks like clones. That's a problem.

But, I digress.

What ever happened to individuality? Oh yeah. That was so last season.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

The one good thing I can see with the leggings/miniskirt combo is that it minimizes my chances of having to see anyone's lady bits.

My personal fave leggings were on a girl today in the mall. They were skull patterned AND lace trimmed. Gotta love an article of clothing that can express your morbidity and femininity all in one.