GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,151
2 members and 1,149 guests
Cookiez17

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Fall Recruitment

I'm a junior and I transferred in the fall to a new school. I went through spring recruitment to see if Greek Life was for me and didn't get any invites back the first day after a terrible rumor about me went around.

Would it be smart to go through again the fall? I am staying a year behind so I'll still be a junior...but I also don't want to look desperate.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee3383 View Post
I'm a junior and I transferred in the fall to a new school. I went through spring recruitment to see if Greek Life was for me and didn't get any invites back the first day after a terrible rumor about me went around.

Would it be smart to go through again the fall? I am staying a year behind so I'll still be a junior...but I also don't want to look desperate.
Only you can determine if this is something you should do.

Every school is different when it comes to re-rushing. At some schools, 3nd time rushers have no chance, while at others, it's no big deal. Usually at the more competitive schools, 2nd time PNMs don't fare better the 2nd time.

Question: did you visit ALL sororities during spring or were only a few participating?

I will say this though:

When you decide to go through recruitment after an unsucessful recruitment, you have to look at yourself and ask yourself why you think you didn't get a bid. Grades? Not outgoing enough? etc.

Generally speaking, if you visited all sororities and did not receive a bid the first time, something has to be different the second time for you to have a different outcome (and for them to consider you a 2nd time).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-10-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Since then I have brought up my GPA a lot, joined some clubs, got in two honor societies, got the rumor taken care of, since I think those were the things that could have got me dropped. I do have a lot of friends in Greek Life, but I know I'm not a shoe-in anywhere. I am normally outgoing and friendly and I think in the fall (informal) will be a better time for me. Formal recruitment just didn't feel right for me.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

No one can tell you if you will have a better chance during informal recruitment. Usually formal recruitment is better since you have all sororities participating. Maybe the rumor did prevent you from getting a bid, but we all do not know since membership selection is private. Just go through informal because if you don't you're only just going to regret it.