Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,318
2 members and 1,316 guests
glittergal1985

Old 07-29-2004, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Possible Historical Pictures

Pardon the interruption, ladies.

I posted this thread in the Alpha Xi Delta forum b/c I found some pictures of Lombard College with 2 of our (AXiD) Founders in them. I thought the ladies of the Pi Phi forum might be interested in the pictures as well because, at that time, these Founders lived in the Boarding Hall with Pi Phis. Most of these ladies in these two pictures might be Pi Phis from IL-Beta (was Lombard Beta and Knox Delta, or was Lombard Delta and Knox Beta?). The one picture does have a list of names, so if someone has any old Lombard yearbooks or records, perhaps you'll be able to identify a few of your sisters!

Anyways, I posted the link to the thread b/c these pics are rather large and I'm already barging in, so I didn't want to be rude. Moderators, feel free to edit my post to add the pics if you wish. Thanks for letting me barge into your forum!
Old 07-29-2004, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Lombard was the Beta charter and Knox was the Delta charter.

Anyhoo... I noticed one of the last names was "Fuller." I wonder if that was the sister of Ruth Fuller Brown, an IL Beta Alum who passed on last year.

I got to know her and she relished telling stories about her sister being upset the day she went Pi Phi instead of AXiDelta. Or at least that's the GLO I think she mentioned. She said it was founded at Lombard...

Okay. Enough randomness from me.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
You're by no means being rude posting here, we welcome it. Being a Knox PiPhi, I really enjoyed seeing the pictures...Thank you!

PS: If you're ever in Illinois, you might consider coming to Knox and visiting the Special collections in our library, there is a good possibility that we have AXD archives, or at least, more pictures of Lombard.