Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,227
1 members and 1,226 guests
Xidelt

Old 12-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Banned

Presents!

Okay, so now, we have to tell what we got for Christmas! What did you get that you REALLY wanted? How about that you got but did not expect, got that you really did not want, and did not get that you REALLY wanted?

What I really wanted: my DAR pins - not all of them, just the main insignia and the ancestor bar, but that's okay because those are the more expensive ones! LOL I also got a cookbook, but I knew that I was getting it.

What I did not expect: A new desktop computer and 6 months of internet - guess Mom was just sick of me always having to use hers!

What I didn't want: nothing. Surprisingly this year I like everything that I got despite only getting two things that were on my list!

What I REALLY wanted but did not get: Lowe's gift cards to help me with the repainting, shingling, etc of my house.

My mom and brother also started a tradition of re-gifting last year and so it is entertaining to see what mom is going to re-gift - last year it was a down throw and this year it was a chocolate bar!

Sarah
Old 12-25-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
What I really wanted: I got an AOII sweatshirt. http://www.aoiiemporium.com/store/co...idproduct=1036 . I also got a creme colored scarf that I knew about and had picked out, a comforter to match some sheets I just bought recently (knew about that too....sort of). Some faerie stuff, and some scrapbooking stuff.

What I did not expect: My italian charm bracelet with a KWHS class of 98, a figure skating, and an AOII charm on it.

What I didn't want: nothing. Surprisingly this year I like everything that I got.

What I REALLY wanted but did not get: Some movies, cd's, and some other AOII and Torrid stuff. But, I am happy with what I got.
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:56 PM

Re: Presents!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beryana
What I did not expect: A new desktop computer and 6 months of internet - guess Mom was just sick of me always having to use hers!
HURRAH! What an awesome gift for you. Now you can save for Lowe's stuff instead of spending on internet or computer issues, right?

What did you get that you REALLY wanted? I got my jersey!!! One Columbus Blue Jackets home jersey in my size, personalized with my beloved "Shelley 45", given to me by my wonderful husband. Now, is that love or what? The boys got me the deluxe version of Sir Paul's newest release, so I'm a very lucky and happy girl this year.

How about that you got but did not expect? A gorgeous set of Lenox bath sheets and washcloths from my MIL. I actually asked for new towels for the birthday and didn't get, so I was really happy to be surprised with them yesterday.

got that you really did not want? Nothing. Life's good that way.

did not get that you REALLY wanted? Sirius satellite radio with the car/home Sportster package. DH said he considered it for about 90 seconds, but decided it wasn't worth it. Now, this is from the man who is starting to collect ipods but all is good.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Presents!

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
[B]HURRAH! What an awesome gift for you. Now you can save for Lowe's stuff instead of spending on internet or computer issues, right?
Exactly! Though I am considering getting ONE of my laptops fixed (probably the Dell because that one I broke whereas the Mac was a design flaw that Apple refused to admit - humidity getting in and causing the corrosion and saying that I spilled something on it!) with my tax returns which are going to be nice this year because I have made next to nothing (as always!) and double-dipped on my property tax for the WI Homestead credit!!

Oh, I also got an Italian charm bracelet so I can get the AOII link (or two)!

Sarah
Old 12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I had Mr. Silver's family around me on Christmas morning. A friend came to visit me at my home, and I am so thankful to have food on the table and heat in the house.
I am so thankful for my blessings....
Silver
Old 12-27-2005, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
Re: Re: Presents!

Quote:
Originally posted by AOIIalum
How about that you got but did not expect? A gorgeous set of Lenox bath sheets and washcloths from my MIL. I actually asked for new towels for the birthday and didn't get, so I was really happy to be surprised with them yesterday.

Oooh, I love the Lenox bath sheets. I've been begging for some for a couple of years now. I think I'm going to have to break down when I move and buy myself a couple!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Re: Re: Re: Presents!

Quote:
Originally posted by Beryana
Exactly! Though I am considering getting ONE of my laptops fixed (probably the Dell because that one I broke whereas the Mac was a design flaw that Apple refused to admit - humidity getting in and causing the corrosion and saying that I spilled something on it!) with my tax returns which are going to be nice this year because I have made next to nothing (as always!) and double-dipped on my property tax for the WI Homestead credit!!

Oh, I also got an Italian charm bracelet so I can get the AOII link (or two)!

Sarah
I know that this is off topic, but your problem caught my eye. I had Mac problems last summer. After numerous phone calls and visits to techserve, they finally sent me a new laptop. If you are enough of a pain in their necks, they will fix the computer. Good luck!
Old 12-27-2005, 10:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Presents!

Quote:
Originally posted by AOII*Azra-elle
Oooh, I love the Lenox bath sheets. I've been begging for some for a couple of years now. I think I'm going to have to break down when I move and buy myself a couple!
I washed them and put them in our master bath today. Then, of course, I had to shower so I could try them out. It was sweet to have a big soft and absorbent towel wrapped all the way around big beautiful me

Little things really do thrill me.