GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 980
4 members and 976 guests
JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat, Phrozen Sands

Old 07-31-2008, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

How come ATL gets a token white girl when OC and NYC didn't have a token minority?
Old 07-31-2008, 03:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I got the sense that maybe it was because she was good friends with one of the other women. I don't recall her name.

IF YOU HAVE ONLY ONE SMILE IN YOU, GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE.
--------MAYA ANGELOU
Old 07-31-2008, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Her friend's name was NeNe. I had to turn it off after TWG called her secret multi millionare bf Big Popa then had him buy her an Escalade. I'm betting he's married! :blech:
Old 07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
How come ATL gets a token white girl when OC and NYC didn't have a token minority?
Jo was the token minority, while she was there. As as for NYC, maybe Jill?

I think they are going too far with this whole Real Housewives stuff. Soon its gonna be Real Housewives of Miami, and then something like Real Housewives of Juneau.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Jo (OC) was born in Peru, and Luann (NYC) was half Cherokee.
I've also heard they are talking about .....
...................Hold on

....................New Jersey
Old 07-31-2008, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I assume it would feature the bastions of Jersey life, tanning salons, bad techno and insecure Italian (and wannabe Italian) men. Sounds more interesting than any other season.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've also heard they are talking about .....
...................Hold on

HELLZ YEAH
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO Ladies!!!

There's no air date yet, and the series is so early in production that Bravo executives declined to reveal what town they're filming in or even what part of the state. (Asked even a simple North Jersey versus South Jersey question, Bravo executive vice president Frances Berwick said, "It's 'New' Jersey.")

Bravo's press notes describe the series as follows:
"The newest edition to Bravo's successful 'Real Housewives' franchise brings big homes, big hair, new money and drama. Shot through Bravo's pop culture filter, welcome to New Jersey, home to five of the Garden State's most affluent ladies and the families they run. These best friends do everything over-the-top, from their decorating, to their dating and their fighting. 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' showcases the McMansions and lavish lifestyles of these women and all the drama that money can buy."
The brief clip reel shown to reporters featured two of the five housewives: Danielle, a 45-year-old divorcee who boasts of having been engaged 19 times and having kissed Mick Jagger (he wasn't as great as she was expecting, given the whole lips thing); and Dina, 38 and recently remarried, who gives us a guided tour of the very expensive, very overdone (unless onyx is your bag) decor of her home.
http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2008/04/all...es_coming.html

Last edited by Benzgirl; 08-01-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Quote:
Her friend's name was NeNe. I had to turn it off after TWG called her secret multi millionare bf Big Popa then had him buy her an Escalade. I'm betting he's married! :blech:

Exactly what I said, he's definitely married. He's her boyfriend and her close friends don't even know him? Sketchy.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
I assume it would feature the bastions of Jersey life, tanning salons, bad techno and insecure Italian (and wannabe Italian) men. Sounds more interesting than any other season.
CB, I say this as a "landed southerner," (LOL, it hurts me to say that) and I know you probably won't believe me, but there are some ridiculous old money/wealthy/preppy areas of NJ. I knew a lot of kids like that at W&L - that's why they were interested in coming to W&L and to the south. I think it would be a good watch.

Dang, this thread makes me want cable again. I loved the NYC season - especially the woman with the European husband. What were their names? Alex and Simon or something like that?

ETA: Look like the OC series is on hulu.com, but not the others. Although I did find through googling that the NYC version has been renewed for another season.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 08-02-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
there are some ridiculous old money/wealthy/preppy areas of NJ. I knew a lot of kids like that at W&L - that's why they were interested in coming to W&L and to the south. I think it would be a good watch.
I agree. I know people who live in Bernardsville, Saddle River and Ho-Ho-Kus, and they are far from the blue collar stereotype.

BTW...I enjoyed NYC much more than I did OC. The worst thing I have seen lately is "Date My Ex" that Jo and Slade are on. I watched one episode and refuse to turn it on again. It's more shallow than the over-inflated implants, the hair extensions and the eyelash extensions on OC.

Last edited by Benzgirl; 08-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
There's no air date yet, and the series is so early in production that Bravo executives declined to reveal what town they're filming in or even what part of the state. (Asked even a simple North Jersey versus South Jersey question, Bravo executive vice president Frances Berwick said, "It's 'New' Jersey.")
My money is on North Jersey, probably Bergen county...maybe more Western, Sussex and Warren have plenty of rich areas, mostly old farms. I doubt it would be Southern Jersey, unless they highlight one of the old money shore towns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
CB, I say this as a "landed southerner," (LOL, it hurts me to say that) and I know you probably won't believe me, but there are some ridiculous old money/wealthy/preppy areas of NJ.
There are many many pockets of old money spread throughout the state. Unfortunately, MTV (take your pick from the beach house seasons in Sleazeside, I mean Seaside or True Life: I'm a Jersey Shore Girl, also featuring Sleazeside) and the Sopranos have pretty much ruined the state in most people's eyes. That and also that most people only travel the highways and thus see the most polluted and industrial parts. Most of the state isn't the stereotype.

I think that New Jersey series is going to be very interesting. I'd watch it. I don't know if I'll get it over here though.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinChicaDDD View Post
There are many many pockets of old money spread throughout the state. Unfortunately, MTV (take your pick from the beach house seasons in Sleazeside, I mean Seaside or True Life: I'm a Jersey Shore Girl, also featuring Sleazeside) and the Sopranos have pretty much ruined the state in most people's eyes. That and also that most people only travel the highways and thus see the most polluted and industrial parts. Most of the state isn't the stereotype.

I think that New Jersey series is going to be very interesting. I'd watch it. I don't know if I'll get it over here though.
Indeed. My only experience with NJ before May was taking the train from NYC to Philly (you see some UGLINESS that way) and then having a bunch of sorority sisters from there.

I went to Princeton in May for a conference - it was gorgeous.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I am quite interested in seeing the Jersey one. I grew up and my parents still live in Northwest Jersey and it isn't the stereotypical Jersey at all. There are gorgeous parts in Sussex/Warren/Morris country and then also in the Pine Barrens. Princeton is absolutely gorgeous and Morris County ranks in the top 10 for one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Going away to college I was always defending the "Jersey Turnpike" image and all the stereotypes. I would love to watch it, but as I live abroad I'll probably miss it.

seek the noblest
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

The Atlanta housewives go head to head with the presidential debate tomorrow. From the way the previews appear, I doubt I will watch much of Atlanta. Kim totally bugs me already with her, "big Papa" sugar-daddy.