GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,381
2 members and 1,379 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 02-28-2005, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Panhellenic Activities

I am the new Panhellenic Recruitment Chair at my school, and I am brainstorming ideas for a relaxing session prior to formal recruitment, which takes place in fall. The previous Panhell recruitment chair organized a 15 minutes Yoga session as well as arranging for an author to come in to give a motivational speech. The whole purpose of this was to help de-stress the sorority rush chairs as well as the other girls. My school contains 7 sororities, so this activity would need to suffice about 75-100 girls and last about 30mins-1hr. Would any of you have any suggestions of an activity that worked well for you or any other simple encouraging gesture (ie: she also wrote different qualities on rocks [such as patience] and allowed each of the sororities to choose a rock with a quality they hoped to display during recruitment)? Obviously I have a lot to live up to here, so any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
One year at Auburn, Panhellenic had a hypnotist come in and intertain the PNMs adn Pi Chis.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Cool good ol red white and blue (Rho Epsilon Delta represent!)

This past fall on the night before recruitment, we had a mock rush with PNMs and all the sorority sisters. Each sorority woman (1/3 from each sorority went into each mock group) wore either red, white, or blue to represent the mock sororities Rho Epsilon Delta, Omega Iota Tau Epsilon, and Beta Lambda Upsilon Epsilon. The PNMs visited each room to get a feel for recruitment. The colorful "rush" parties were about ten minutes each. It was a relaxed atmosphere to meet some of the freshmen we didn't know well, and I'm sure it provided the potentials with opportunities to ask sorority women about recruitment and sorority life in general without the pressure of being in a room of just XYZ sisters.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the replies thus far! The hypnotist is an interesting idea I might consider.

I apologize for not being very clear, but the PNMs actually will not be involved in this. As Panhell Recruitment Chair, I will be leading meetings to educate the sorority rush chairs, presidents and other vp's of the rules and regulations prior to recruitment. By this time in the fall, everyone is stressed out, and I appreciated how the previous Panhell recruitment chair had a destressor.

She also would do other gestures such as paint qualities such as "patience" on little rocks and let the rush chairs, presidents and other sorority VP's choose a rock which represented a quality they hoped to display during recruitment.

She was quite a thoughtful woman, and though I'm not trying to be her, I do hope I can imitate the inspiration she gave to the sororities. Any more thoughts / suggestions?
Old 03-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Neck & hand massage - either from a professional masseuse or the school of physical therapy at your university, if you have one.

And whatever you're doing, make sure everyone is wearing comfy clothes (jammie pants if possible). It's hard to relax when you're competing (even subconciously) as to who has the cutest outfit.