GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,316
2 members and 1,314 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2004, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Shopping Gems

Calling all bargain shoppers! Where do you find those terrific buys in your area? I'm not talking about stores like Bloomingdale's, Rich's, and Lazarus just to name a few but those off-priced stores featuring clothing and home furnishings. Recently, a friend and I traveled to Zanesville, Ohio to a Gabriel Brothers Stores. We shopped for about 3 hours and took home bagggs of good stuff. Summer is here, I'm ready to go shopping! Help a sista out!!!
Old 06-01-2004, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Super bargains

Me and my friends use to go to the Gap distribution center (near the Covington/Cincinnati airport) and rack up of Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. You couldn't beat the deals!

Ahh, I miss Kentucky.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Re: Super bargains

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Me and my friends use to go to the Gap distribution center (near the Covington/Cincinnati airport) and rack up of Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. You couldn't beat the deals!

Ahh, I miss Kentucky.
that place was great! one of the good things about going to a school in the middle of cornfields.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

i concur...

the Gap distribution center is great, worth the drive. i bought two great pairs of jeans for only $ 10.00. can't beat that w/a stick i heard that the airline "lost and found" (i forgot the real name) in AL is a great place to shop. they have a website so if interested, check it out. they have items that folks leave on airplanes on sale at this center at low prices. if i could, i'd be there. at any rate, the Sawgrass Mill Outlets in S. Florida is really nice. it has Nieman Marcus, Saks, and Nordstrom's outlets all in one place plus a reasonable sales tax of 6%. whenever i go back to Miami, i will be there
Old 06-02-2004, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Re: Shopping Gems

Quote:
Originally posted by mariet58
I traveled to Zanesville, Ohio to a Gabriel Brothers Stores. We shopped for about 3 hours and took home bagggs of good stuff. Summer is here, I'm ready to go shopping! Help a sista out!!!
Some of the Gabriel Borther do have good stuff. I guess I am lucky I have 4 in my surrounding area. I go about once a month to get shoes for $3.99 and up and shirt and stuff
Old 06-07-2004, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I like to shop at Marshalls http://www.marshallsonline.com/ I have found some good deals on clothing, Purses and tote bags. I got this really cute large pink and white leather Liz Claiborne tote bag there for $25.00. Even though they are affiliated with TJ Maxx I don't really have luck shopping at TJ Maxx.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: i concur...

Quote:
Originally posted by WenD08
the Gap distribution center is great, worth the drive. i bought two great pairs of jeans for only $ 10.00. can't beat that w/a stick i heard that the airline "lost and found" (i forgot the real name) in AL is a great place to shop. they have a website so if interested, check it out. they have items that folks leave on airplanes on sale at this center at low prices. if i could, i'd be there. at any rate, the Sawgrass Mill Outlets in S. Florida is really nice. it has Nieman Marcus, Saks, and Nordstrom's outlets all in one place plus a reasonable sales tax of 6%. whenever i go back to Miami, i will be there
unclaimedbaggage.com
Old 06-09-2004, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Franklin Mills Mall in Philadelphia, PA (same co. as Sawgrass Mill)

I used to live down the street from it (ya know my paycheck was spent!). They have a lot of discount/outlet stores.

There was also a Sam's club nearby, a discount furniture place, a discount curtains and linens place, a flea market at the racetrack, etc.

I miss my old place!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Shopping

And sheesh, I wonder why it took me so long to get here. But I'll be back with gems out here in LoCal.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok for all of you in the Nasty Nati. There will be a new Gabes opening there on July 8th
Gabes
Old 06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Question H&M

H&M, a fast-fashion store that also includes women's sizes (!) is opening in San Francisco.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...UGNJ7AB3U1.DTL

My question is why S.F. instead of Los Angeles. After all, Southern Kollyfornia is more populous.