GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,261
0 members and 1,261 guests
No Members online

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Physical team building activities?

I'm wondering if anybody has any good activities that not only help in team building but are physically taxing for a fraternity. The tried and true pushups/situps while reciting knowledge is good but I'm looking for something that, while still physically taxing focuses more on the "team." Space is somewhat limited in our house but it's also not too difficult to find wide open spaces/closed parks etc. When I say physically taxing I hope you guys don't think I mean intense hazing....I'm just talking about something that tires you out and is physically demanding etc. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goph12 View Post
I'm wondering if anybody has any good activities that not only help in team building but are physically taxing for a fraternity. The tried and true pushups/situps while reciting knowledge is good but I'm looking for something that, while still physically taxing focuses more on the "team." Space is somewhat limited in our house but it's also not too difficult to find wide open spaces/closed parks etc. When I say physically taxing I hope you guys don't think I mean intense hazing....I'm just talking about something that tires you out and is physically demanding etc. Thanks for any help.
And what fraternity are you a part of?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ask your HQ. Tell them what you told us and I am sure they will be more than happy to help.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

R U related to Bows and Toes?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Log Rolls are good if you can get a soft enough surface. Also, split them into groups, around 7-8, and have them jog around a course. Stop them at intervals and ask one a question (history, active's info, etc). If he answers wrong then everyone in the group has to carry them for the rest of the course. If you get to the point where there's more people being carried in a group than doing the carrying, then they have to take one person to the end before going back to pick up the ones they left behind.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Ask your HQ. Tell them what you told us and I am sure they will be more than happy to help.
LOL at this reply.

Supposing you meant this seriously, a leadership ropes course is a great activity for a pledge class, entire GLO, or officer team to undertake.

Oh wait....
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
jessicaelaine

If i was a dude i probably wouldn't want to do something lame like the same old human knot exercise again either. Some types of guys don't think anything is getting done unless they're sweaty and grunting and getting all tuckered out. So I understand the whole physically exerting need. Just go watch The Gauntlet on MTV.