GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,436
0 members and 1,436 guests
No Members online

Old 11-17-2000, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Any Black Christian Greek Organizations Out there?

I am a member of Alpha Iota Omega Christian Fraternity here at UNC-Chapel Hill(majority black) and we are sold out for JESUS!! I was searching the web for other christian greek fraternities or sororities and all the ones on the web except for one seems to be white. I was wondering if there were any more or what others though about christians being greek....if you want to know our purpose, reply! and if you are in a greek organization that is greek..come out of the closet. We are all in the family of God..time to meet your long lost brothers and sisters.
Old 11-17-2000, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The city with the beautiful Lake Michigan skyline and Deep dish pizza!
Wink

When I was in college, on my Campus at Bradley University, We had a black christian sorority named Elogeme Adolphi and a fraternity called Megiste Arete ( I believe it's latin.) They had been on the campus for maybe three years then ( back in '91) and I think they have been set up on other campuses also. You may want to do a search to find out more about them.
Old 11-19-2000, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Lightbulb

Ah, an question I do have an answer to.

There is an organization called Alpha Nu Omega which is two separate components, ANO Fraternity, and ANO Sorority. It was founded at Morgan State in 1988. I don't know offhand if any other chapters were formed, but I can find out if you want to.

The other organization I found was Gamma Phi Eta Fraternity, which if I am not mistaken is also a Black Christian organization. There is also a sister sorority called Xi Gamma Phi.

Here in my hometown, two BGLO members at my church is establishing a Christian fraternity and sorority for the youth of the church. Since the names are still on the drawing board, I reserve giving those out in this forum.

If you like, I can give you links to the aforementioned orgs.

If I find any others, I'll let you know.

Da Rain Man
Old 11-20-2000, 04:34 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks Rain man....that was very beneficial. are you a part of these organizations? How do they run as far as ministering to people or to greeks? Again thanks.

jeru
Old 11-20-2000, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by jeru-aio:
thanks Rain man....that was very beneficial. are you a part of these organizations? How do they run as far as ministering to people or to greeks? Again thanks.

jeru
Since I am not a member of any of the above GLOs, I really cannot give you any specifics as to how they run their organization. The info I supplied was strictly FYI only.

There is a Christian organization I have heard about for the past decade that only recently have I gave very serious consideration to joining. While it is a historically White fraternity, I am hoping that by diversifying their membership, it can further expand the unity in spreading the Word of Jesus to the community.

I say this because IMHO as long as Christian organizations segregate themselves by race, it is (I am sure indirectly) doing themselves a great disservice. The first church itself possessed a diverse membership. Read Acts 2:8-14(?). I am realizing that I am getting less hung up on the Black race vs. the White race and focusing more on the HUMAN race.

Just my .02

Rain Man
Old 11-21-2000, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

actually, my organization will only be majority black until the end of the spring semester. The guys from the Fall 99 line that are black will be gone leaving our fraternity half and half also with 2 koreans as well. This has significantly widened our target ministry from NPHC to IFC and NPC as well. I definitely agree with you about the disservice when we segregate ourselves and that is definitely not our aim. Our aim is to reach men of all ethnicities specifically those in the greek fraternities. I would say to continue to pray about this organization that you want to join, even I will pray for you because reconciliation between man is a great way to open up people's spiritual eyes to the reconciliation between man and God. PRAISE JESUS!
Old 11-22-2000, 05:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey, in Los Angeles at a Church called Faithful Central, they have a Christian Fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega and a sorority called Tau Eta Delta. I believe the founder of Tau Eta Delta was (is) a Sigma Gamma Rho. The lines that they have consists of kids as young as 13 to adults. There are members who are ALSO members of regular (for lack of a better word, forgive me) GLOs. When I get more info, I'll be glad to post it on here.
Old 11-22-2000, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by Franny Granny:
Hey, in Los Angeles at a Church called Faithful Central, they have a Christian Fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega and a sorority called Tau Eta Delta. I believe the founder of Tau Eta Delta was (is) a Sigma Gamma Rho. The lines that they have consists of kids as young as 13 to adults. There are members who are ALSO members of regular (for lack of a better word, forgive me) GLOs. When I get more info, I'll be glad to post it on here.
Since there already is a fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega in existence (myself being a brother in such), this other Alpha Phi Omega organization risks a lawsuit if this organization's name ever reaches the general community (read: APO brothers). I personally do not plan to initiate such action as I got bigger battles to fight.
But an interesting post nonetheless, Franny Granny. Thanx for the heads up.

Rain Man
Old 11-22-2000, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Since there already is a fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega in existence (myself being a brother in such), this other Alpha Phi Omega organization risks a lawsuit if this organization's name ever reaches the general community (read: APO brothers). I personally do not plan to initiate such action as I got bigger battles to fight.
But an interesting post nonetheless, Franny Granny. Thanx for the heads up.

Rain Man

Ohhh...Sorry every one!!! These old eyes of mine.....
The fraternity is called Alpha MU Omega.... Thanks for the heads up Rain man.....
Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GPsiLambda2K4 Send a message via Yahoo to GPsiLambda2K4
Christian Fraternity

I know this thread hasnt been posted to in a long time but I wanted to let you know there are quite a few Christian Fraternities & Sororities out there. I belong to Gamma Psi Lambda Christian Fraternity Inc. We have a Sister Organization called Gamma Eta Psi Christian Sorority that was founded this year.

Gamma Psi Lambda Christian Fraternity, Inc. National Website

Gamma Psi Lambda Christian Fraternity, Inc. Exodus Chapter

Gamma Eta Psi Christian Sorority

If you have any further questions feel free to send me an email or send me a PM on here.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

my sister is in a Christian sorority, Alpha Omega Alpha. if i'm not mistaken, she was a charter member of the chapter at univ of houston. there was a Christian fraternity that was in it's early stages when i was in school called Gamma Phi Delta.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
my sister is in a Christian sorority, Alpha Omega Alpha. if i'm not mistaken, she was a charter member of the chapter at univ of houston. there was a Christian fraternity that was in it's early stages when i was in school called Gamma Phi Delta.
You sure it wasn't Alpha Lambda Omega???
Old 03-24-2005, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Elogeme Adolphi

There is another Christian sorority, Elogeme Adolphi, as previously stated by someone. It was started by Evangelist Mattie P. Dawson at Bradley University in 1987 but the vision was forseen in 1975. I am currently going through the cornerstone module process at Northern Illlinois University in Dekalb, Il. It has only been one week so far and it becoming one of the greatest experiences in my life. Our brother fraternity is Megiste Arete.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
There is a wonderful group of women who have formed Delta Psi Epsilon Christian Sorority, Incorporated. It was started out of Oakwood College in Alabama, but members are now all over the place. I know the National Officers very well, and can get you in touch with them if need be.

Or, Look up Delta Psi Epsilon on the web.

Wonderful truly committed women who have Christ in their hearts and lives.

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 03-25-2005, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Any Black Christian Greek Organizations Out there?

Quote:
Originally posted by jeru-aio
I am a member of Alpha Iota Omega Christian Fraternity here at UNC-Chapel Hill(majority black) and we are sold out for JESUS!!
^^^Fanatical, surface-level Christian.