Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,427
4 members and 1,423 guests
Cookiez17, IllyPolly

Old 03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

editor of Playgirl magazine for being a Republican

Republicans Need Not Apply
Matt Drudge reports that Michelle Zipp has been fired as editor of Playgirl magazine for being a Republican. He quotes an e-mail from Zipp:

After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican."

I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views.

Playgirl is within its rights, of course, but we wonder if any of the liberals who've been defending Ward Churchill's "free speech" will speak up for Zipp. We're not holding our breath.
- Opinion Journal