Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,255
0 members and 1,255 guests
No Members online

Old 03-30-2001, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Improving sisterly bonds? Ideas?

Our chapter needs some ideas on how to become closer friends with each other. We just had a lot of disaffiliations and in my opinion those girls were the problem. Now that they are gone, we need to work on our relationships. Any fun ideas?
Old 03-31-2001, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hey Ditch!
I know you...but I can't think of anything to help you out.....I will let you know ASAP (Math 353)
Old 04-16-2001, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Ditch-
I agree with you.. when we had disaffiliations, I was sorta glad to be rid of those girls, terrible as that sounds.. but you know what I mean!
Sisterhood retreat is a GREAT way to get the motivation of your chapter up because it's a lot of fun and you get to talk about how much you love the sisters you have left. Something our chapter (Zeta Tau @ Loyola University Chicago) started just last semester was a prayer list and a thought jar. We have a quasi-e-council chair called Outreach. This sister passes around a peice of paper each week and you can put what you'd like the chpater to keep in mind and/or pray for during that week. THe peice of paper is then made into a tiny little peice of paper that each sister gets a copy of and can carry around with her that week. So if a sister's mom is very sick... or something is going on w/one of us, we can let each other know.
THe second, and one of my faves is the thought jar. We bought a bunch of glass jars w/lids from the $1 store. We decorate them and each week, we write a different sisters name on it (usually it's for someone who particularly needs it that week). We pass it around during chapter and every sister writes a little encouraging note to her. It's SO wonderful to get this jar and to hear all the sweet things your sisters think about you. =) These are just a few ideas... but I hope they help!! Good luck rebuilding and don't worry.. everything will turn out fine!!
Finally, if you haven't already done this.. I suggest getting Central Office to send out Vision fascilitators to train you in the new Vision recruitment program.. it really did wonders for the moral of our chapter!!

LITP,
Renata
ZT Loyola University Chicago
e-mail: dream8098@aol.com
Old 05-21-2001, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter is on the small side, so the majority of us are really close friends! However, last year, we started a "Just Because" tradition. Basically, if a sister does something special for you or someone's had a bad week, you can send them a little note "just because." Its announced at the meetings who recieved a note and it really makes people try and be overly helpful because we all want to get one!! After receiving one, it makes us feel good to know that we made one of our sisters feel good! I guess we're dorky like that : )
-Sara-
Zeta Mu
Old 05-23-2001, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Phi Sig Belle
Lightbulb

I would have to agree with the vision coordinator ppl. Or perhaps do one on your own. My chapter had a sister hood retreat where we got into groups and had to come up with three goals that we would like to acheive as a chapter. It worked really well. We also did a little mailbox thing with plastic flower pots from target. We decorated them with paint pens and just sat them around the room. and throughout the night everyone wrote a little note for someone. It was great. Songfests are fun too and making smores or something fun like that. just a huge sisterhood sleepover. PSLAM!!!!!

------------------
"....You'll hear the same old war cry, AIM HIGH, DUE OR DIE!!! Phi Sigma Sigma"

Crystalbelle@madmail.com
Old 04-16-2002, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

More ideas!

We got some ideas from Shellie, our chapter consultant, and they really work for us! We vote for two special sisters. One is Sister of the Week, for a sister that does something outstanding for that week. She gets to wear a red rose pin for the whole week. And then we have Greek of the Week... Which is basically the nerd of the week (geek). We call it greek, just so that sister isn't embarrassed by people outside Phi Sig. Anyways, she gets to wear a necklace with wooden greeks on it. Our archon this last year had her dad make it for us. It's really cute.

And then, there's us just hanging out. I'm really into emails and also partying... So I started emailing the sisters about upcoming frat parties, and other organizations' parties. It's worked out pretty good so far. And it's a lot more fun to go to a party with a bunch of sisters, than just a few. (Plus, it shows whoever is throwing the party, that we support them!)

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 04-28-2002, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Phi_Sig_VJC Send a message via Yahoo to Phi_Sig_VJC
Question Sisterhood Ideas

Hi everyone.
I have a question to ask anyone who has any ideas. I am the new sisterhood committee chair for my chapter and I was wondering if anyone has any good sisterhood activites? I am looking to find different ideas than the usual like movies or dinner at a resturant. Thank you for all of your help.

Nicole
Nicnac122@aol.com

Zeta Chi chapter
Phi Sigma Sigma
Villa Julie College

"Once a Phi Sigma Sigma, always a Phi Sigma Sigma"
Old 04-28-2002, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Sisterhoods

One you might want to consider for the end of this semester is a address book sisterhood. We had one my freshman year and everyone brings their craft boxes and we make address books from construction paper. We decorate them (PUFFY PAINT!!!, GLITTER!! STICKERS!!) and then we passed them around to have everyone write their address and a short note. It's good for keeping in touch over the summer. I know some of the alums still use theirs. Hope this helps!
Old 04-29-2002, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to phisigbrookie
1 thing our chapter always enjoys is having a secret sister. We each draw a name at the beginning of the month and whoever we draw is our secret sister. We buy them small gifts, make them cards, send them notes of encouragement, ect. for an entire month. At the end we announce who we had as our secret sister. This event always promotes sisterhood and is a lot of fun.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessPhiSig
Question Sisterhood Events

Hi gals! If any of you would mind sharing some Sisterhood Event ideas of yours, I would love to hear them. I'm planning one for two weeks from now, but we are soon implementing a Sisterhood Chair and I could use the ideas to give to whomever becomes that chair. Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
We just had a pizza night the other week, every one chipped in a couple dollars and we bought pizza. We have get to know you events for new member meetings, movie nights, Phi Sig fun nites (go to sporting events or just hang around the house do silly stuff), random trips to local restaurants, holiday parites, secret sisters, make something crafty, tye die, philanthropic activities, and so on. I can't think of any more right now!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to babe61782
Thumbs up

We have "Friends" night every Thursday night. This is when we all get together at our Student Union Pub, grab something to eat, and watch "Friends". It's also a good way to get our name out on campus and let us be seen!!

EE Chapter, California
Old 11-15-2002, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessPhiSig
Thanks! Both of you girls gave me great ideas! I am definitely using them in the future! As for my upcoming event, which is the day before our Parent's Luncheon, I planned that we all come over to my house and make gingerbread men decorated with people's names and that will be their placesetting the next day. So far I have heard a lot of enthusiasm, so I'm really excited! Thanks again for the great ideas! I can't wait to do some of them soon!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AstralJoy
I just came up with the idea last night to go out dressed like your favorite rock star with all your sisters. My sisters will be going out soon with me dressed as J-Lo, Brittany, etc.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking sisterhood ideas

does anyone have any good sisterhood ideas.... i'm in charge of them for my chapter.... and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for me to take back to my chapter thanks

phi sig love and mine,
Tracey
Gamma Gamma chapter

Last edited by phisigspring02; 10-22-2004 at 03:20 PM.