Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,354
0 members and 1,354 guests
No Members online

Old 02-25-2006, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
I need advice...

I'm in grad school and one of my classes requires us to do a group research project. There are two guys in my group and two ladies (including myself). One guy I'm pretty cool with (I've known since high school but we aren't extrememly close friends), the other guy I've never seen before. The other guy has missed 4 out of 6 classes and has contributed NOTHING. The guy that I know contributed once, but it wasn't a lot. The bulk of the work has been on the older lady and myself. I HATE GROUP PROJECTS!!! Anyway, at the end of the project, we have to evaluate each group member and if they didn't work, their grade suffers. I don't have the heart to tell on the two that didn't do anything. I don't know if the other lady in the group is going to tell on them or not, but my teacher has made a REALLY big deal stressing that we have to evaluate each other. My friday night has now been spent working on this damn paper because one of the guys didn't email me some info like he said he would and now he's outta town. What should I do???
Old 02-25-2006, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Coming to you live from Columbus.

TELL. But first get a guarantee from your professor that the results will be confidential.

I was in a group of six for a sociology of religion class, and one of our group members wasn't doing anything. So we talked to the professor about it BEFORE the project was due, just in case it was a shitty project, at least we could pass the blame where it was deserved.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Definitely tell. It's not just his grade he's affecting, it's all of yours. I did a group project in my marketing class my senior year. I was in a group of six, but five of us did all the work. One of the things our professor asked us to do after our presentation was to write down how we thought the group worked together, if everyone contributed equally, etc. and she took that into account as part of our grade. The five of us who did do the work were VERY clear that the other girl had done squat, and she got a lower grade than the rest of us.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

snitch... snitch till you can snitch no more. if the other lady says something... and if your professor can see a lie in your analysis, your own grade might suffer.

of course, maybe something can still be done to get those guys active... maybe something can be worked out between you and the woman to not be as harsh as you could have been so the guys grade dont have to suffer as bad as it possibly could....?

just options.