GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,142
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, CalderTide
» Online Users: 1,481
1 members and 1,480 guests
gatordeltapgh

Old 07-22-2001, 10:40 PM
UMgirl

Unhappy Just A Lil Problem

I have a little problem. When I moved back home I knew that I wanted to still be involved with AGD as an alum, so before I left school I checked to see if there was a Alumnae Club or JC. Sure enough there was a JC. So I emailed IHQ and found out who I had to contact. About 3 weeks after I was home I called the person and whoever I spoke to told me that she was rarely there and gave me her cell phone number. I called the # and got her voice mail and left a message, about 5 days passed and I didnt hear anything. The VM came on right away so I am assuming she had the phone off. I waited about maybe 3 more days and tried again leaving a VM message. Its been about 4 days and I still havent heard anything. I dont want her to feel like I am being a pest. And IHQ gave her as the only contact. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do? :-)
Old 07-22-2001, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

i think that you should get in touch with ihq and explain the current situation with them....im sure they will find another person for you to get in touch with. i also dont think that this girl will think that you're a pest if you leave another voicemail. i think that she will see how much our sisterhood means to you.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
hey Tonya...I'm pretty sure that the JC President for our area is our ZA Chapter Advisor. As soon as I can locate her e-mail, I will give it to you.
Old 07-23-2001, 01:30 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

Hey Leslie...are you talking about Tracy? If so, her email's agdsister@yahoo.com

LOL, she made sure that I had her card. She's really awesome! Tell her I said hi!

------------------
A single seed...becomes a Rose of incredible beauty.

A single grain of sand...becomes a Pearl of great worth.

A single great idea...becomes a Century of success.

Go Alpha Gam!
Old 07-23-2001, 09:09 PM
UMgirl

Thank you for the responses, but I found out why she wasnt returning them. She tried to start a JC in our area but it just never came together, but IHQ still gives her the names of girls who have came to the area. So there is no JC . However, I am going to contact IHQ about starting one or about strating a Alumnae Club.
Old 07-24-2001, 03:47 AM
Unregistered-

Smile

Tonya,

Like an idiot, I assumed that you were still in the Michigan area, but I read your post in GL about Upstate/Western NY and I realized that my posts about the Michigan JC/ACs were useless!

The woman you tried getting in touch with, was it Gail Paul? You mentioned that you're from Rochester, and Gail's the Junior Circle president according to the Summer 2000 issue of the Quarterly. There are 5 alumnae organizations in NY:
  • Alpha--Syracuse
  • Alpha Alpha--Buffalo
  • Alpha Theta--Sunnyside
  • NYC Junior Circle--NYC
  • Rochester Junior Circle--Webster

They provided contact information for these chapters, but they were from last year, so I don't know how accurate they are. They'll probably provide updated contact info in the upcoming issue.

[This message has been edited by OohTeenyWahine (edited July 24, 2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

umgirl, im from the alpha alpha chapter so if you need any information please feel free to ask me i would love to help you out!
LIEP,
fara