GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,496
1 members and 1,495 guests
IllyPolly

Old 01-03-2002, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
for crying out loud...

i know this is just me ranting, cause i hate it when people sell pins on ebay and crap. but dang, if you're going to sell a fraternity or sorority pin on ebay at least KNOW WHICH ORGANIZATION IT FREAKING BELONGS TO...AHHHHHHHHHHH... that is sooooooooo retarded. i so saw a pin on there today advertised as "AB fraternity pin????" when in fact it's an XYZ fraternity pin and the AB part is the damn chapter guard. freaking losers. WHEW! sorry 'bout that, but some of those people on ebay are really really really gosh darn stupid.

marissa
A GD
Old 01-03-2002, 03:00 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Some folks shouldn't get so worked up over "pins" on ebay. Like, they're real pins anyways. I don't think so.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry Hoc,

But it appears to me that the pins n E-Bay are very real, and most of us feel that they should be earned, not purchased.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Ebay pins are real. It would not be easy (or desirable) to produce fakes. There are specific companies whose job it is to produce the pins, so it's not like zales sells them or something.
Old 01-03-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Quote:
Originally posted by hocnsoc81
Some folks shouldn't get so worked up over "pins" on ebay. Like, they're real pins anyways. I don't think so.
I rest my case.

Your witness, counselor.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tibi

Are you even a member of an organization? I didn't think so. You obviously have no idea about the meaning BEHIND the pin itself.
Are you angry?
Old 01-03-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down same crap, different clown ....

hocnsoc81, why so tense?

Everyone has a different opinion about their badge/pin - some people never put it after they leave college, and others (like moi and others on this thread) do treasure what it means. After all, I'm sure you would get upset if I said a soccer cleet isn't a 'real ' cleet.

I think you could have some real constructive things to say, so why not give it a try instead of this other tripe throughout GC? I think you would find it quite refreshing

Frankly, it's just rather shoddy to put down someone for what they believe in - whether you agree or not. The old adage still holds true today - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Old 01-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Banned

Re: same crap, different clown ....

Quote:
Originally posted by NeonPi
hocnsoc81, why so tense?

Everyone has a different opinion about their badge/pin - some people never put it after they leave college, and others (like moi and others on this thread) do treasure what it means. After all, I'm sure you would get upset if I said a soccer cleet isn't a 'real ' cleet.

I think you could have some real constructive things to say, so why not give it a try instead of this other tripe throughout GC? I think you would find it quite refreshing

Frankly, it's just rather shoddy to put down someone for what they believe in - whether you agree or not. The old adage still holds true today - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
Why is everyone so tense?

Let me clarify:
I often see threads about badges and Ebay, it appears to be an important issue.
I gave my opinion also, eventhough it looked like no one agreed. It wasn't meant as a put-down, just a thought. Heck, I might even change my mind if I ever recieve one in the future.

What would a non-greek person do with these badges?

Last edited by hocnsoc81; 01-03-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by squirrely girl
I saw a pin on there today advertised as "AB fraternity pin????" when in fact it's an XYZ fraternity pin and the AB part is the damn chapter guard; freaking losers.
marissa
Marissa,
Tell us how you *REALLY* feel!

Seriously though, I completely agree with you!

I do think most of the pins (i.e. "badges") being sold on eBay are the real McCoy and while I think the practice stinks, if someone is going to do it, at least GET THE NAME OF THE GLO RIGHT! Ai yi yi!!!
Old 01-03-2002, 07:42 PM

My friend, a KD, was looking through E-Bay to see if there were any KD pins on sale. We were laughing hysterically when we saw a KD pin on sale with the seller saying "Nice pearl Delta Kappa pin!"
Old 01-04-2002, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Re: Re: same crap, different clown ....

Quote:

What would a non-greek person do with these badges?
Well, look at the non greek people selling the badges on E-Bay for alot of money... thats what a non-greek person would do!

Bad Badge Cycle -

It belongs to a greek.... somehow it ends up in the hands of a non greek... who then sells it for money to another non greek, who then sells it for money to another non greek... etc...
Old 01-04-2002, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

What would a GREEK person do with a collection of badges?

I've been to a few webpages maintained by a fraternity member which displayed his huge greek badge collection. So I guess the answer to my own question would be...show them off?
Old 01-04-2002, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: same crap, different clown ....

Quote:

Heck, I might even change my mind if I ever recieve one in the future.

Oh, it's just too easy
Old 01-04-2002, 10:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
My friend, a KD, was looking through E-Bay to see if there were any KD pins on sale. We were laughing hysterically when we saw a KD pin on sale with the seller saying "Nice pearl Delta Kappa pin!"
At least they got the letters right. I saw a Lambda Chi badge that is listed as Phi Omicron something. Also saw Zeta Beta Omicron for Zeta Phi Beta. You can really comb through these auctions and find NPC and NIC pins, lots of times under different letters and such because the owners have no idea! Tis a shame!

By the way, I found 2 XO pins, 2 AXO pins, 1 DDD pin, 3 or 4 Pi Phi pins, 1 KD pin, 1 TPA pin, 1 AOpi pin, 1 DG pin and 1 ADPi pin yesterday. Of course wptw will yell at me for advertising that they're out there, but oh well. I just hope some alumnae or HQ office can get the badge
Old 01-04-2002, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

shadokat, let me know if you see a LXA Badge on ebay out side of the LXA web thread! Thanks!!!!!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni