Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,137
2 members and 1,135 guests
No Members online

Old 06-05-2003, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Bid Day.....

we're considering doing bid day "goodie bags" to give to our new members on bid day. we're hoping to give them a bid day tee and a few other things. what (if you do them) else do you put in the bag? we've never done bid day goodie bags before, but apparently 2 other chapters on campus gave them out on bid day last year, so we're hoping to start a new trend in our house.
i would appreciate any input!
thanks.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
Things that we've put in our bid day bags in the past were picture frames or candle holders (from the dollar store and decorated by the new member mom and a few other sisters), the t-shirt, maybe a key chain from the book store, a notepad...just little stuff since we don't have a whole lot of money to spend on it. I know another sorority on our campus tied balloons to little baskets instead of bags, it was real cute. Hope this helps a little.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Depending on the budget you could buy the girls something like a tote bag with your letters on them and then fill them with a few smaller things. One year we did that for our girls and they really enjoyed having the totes to carry their stuff to pledge meeting. The year I went through we got things like:

A cup
pens and pencils
bottle opener key chain
note pad
bumpersticker
picture frame.

Hope that gives you some more ideas!
Old 06-06-2003, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Bid Day.....

Quote:
Originally posted by AAgammagirl
we're considering doing bid day "goodie bags" to give to our new members on bid day. we're hoping to give them a bid day tee and a few other things. what (if you do them) else do you put in the bag? we've never done bid day goodie bags before, but apparently 2 other chapters on campus gave them out on bid day last year, so we're hoping to start a new trend in our house.
i would appreciate any input!
thanks.
Hey Lea,
I'm not sure if you check your pms so I'm posting here. The problem with getting stuff is that we don't have good access to greekstuff. I know there used to be a company that worked out of Western (don't think they had a store tho) that had a bunch of fun Sorority stuff. Pens, pencils, pads, that sorta thing, cheap. They also had t-shirts and all that sort of thing but that would be harder to buy financially. You might want to ask around to see if they still exist. Alex Toth might know...she's in the house for the summer from what I've heard.
I'd even ask the other two houses where they got their stuff. Maybe you guys can even make it a craft day or something where the neophytes decorate mugs/cups, whatever, (I know in many places in the states they decorate cups for every occasion!) for the newest pledge class.

Not sure how that sounds to you. The goody bags are a GREAT idea!
Old 06-07-2003, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Actually the Western company folded.... however Lea hooked up Lambda Chi Alpha with some pretty sweet shirts. I'm sure she could do the same for the girls

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 06-08-2003, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, my mom has recently started up a promotional products company- FIREfly Promotions and we have done a number of things for some chapters at U of T. you name it, we can put your logo/letters on it!!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't do this at my chapter - but I still have ideas. I would definitely recommend some type of shirt (I think you said you were doing Bid Day shirts) because it is so exciting to wear around campus. I would also recommend giving them pens, pencils, paper, keychains, waterbottles, etc...stuff they can bring around with them. They'll be so excited to be a Gamma Phi that they'll want to use it, and then other girls will see it and wonder about us! I would also recommend doing door decs for them if they live in a residence, and if your campus would allow it (I know Canadian universities aren't Greek-friendly) hanging up a banner in the union that says "Gamma Phi Beta loves their new members/moonbabies/whatever you call them!"