Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,137
2 members and 1,135 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2003, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Need help with a rush skit!

Hi. I'm an advisor to the Epsilon Lambda chapter at the U. of Alabama. Rush (or "recruitment"... old habits die hard) has been moved up and begins on August 13. Our international rush consultant promised to write a new skit for us to use this year, but she has not finished it and we are getting down to the wire. We have to plan decorations, costumes, outfits for the sisters who are not participating in the skit, drinks to serve, etc. We can't plan anything for that day until we have a skit in hand!! If any of your chapters has a really cute skit, and you wouldn't mind sharing, please PM me. UA has the big southern rush and skit day is the most elaborate day (except for serious night--aka "pref").

Thanks, Gamma Phis!

Last edited by UA_GammaPhiBeta; 07-16-2003 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I have no experience with southern recruitment so I have no idea how elaborate of a skit you would like.

At UPS (Gamma Epsilon) their current skit (only do one) is a magic carpet ride with 8 doferent women who have to work together to find a beat to make the carpet fly. Not too elaborate.

When I was there (early 90's) we did the Wizard of Oz.

Good Luck!

in IIKE,
Melanie
Old 05-24-2003, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks.
To give you an idea, our most recent skit was "Aladdin," in which two rushees named Jasmine and Allie enlisted the help of a genie to help them decide what they wanted in a sorority. The set decorations were pretty elaborate (they built a "marketplace" where the booths represented different sororities--don't worry, they used fake names!--and also built a pretty cool place for the genie to live). We have someone who will come in and do sound and lights. The skit had several funny songs that were takeoffs on the music from "Aladdin" but had words about how hard rush is, making the right decision, etc. And it had 2 dance-y numbers. The problem is that the skit had worn old and is somewhat outdated. They are looking for something more modern, or just something new to them.
If anyone can help, please PM. We're hoping to have a skit by the end of June.

in IIKE,
J.T.D.