GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,211
3 members and 1,208 guests
LaneSig, Sarak24034

Old 12-30-2001, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Sisterhood Acitivities

Does anyone have any ideas for really neat sisterhood activities that you could share with me? Our chapter is a local and was chartered a year ago, so we're open to new ideas.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to snowadams
here is a few things my chatper has done that i have really enjoyed...

We've done a exercise class at the school gym. So not only did we burn some calories but we also laughed a lot because some girls have no cordination!

I don't know where you are located but there is a major Newpapaper and sports team near us so has a fundraiser we stuff newpapers and sell them at games. It actually turns out to be more of a bonding experience than anything. When you stuff the paper, you have to be there at 5am so many of the girls don't sleep. So everyone is pretty silly and you really get to see people's personality that way. If you are near a newspaper, i would call them and ask if they do anything like that. This way you get to bond and make money for your chapter.

We also had a Scavanger hunt or as we called a "sister hunt". The memeber of the exec board hind somewhere on campus and the rest of the girl broke into groups of about 4 or 5. Each group a seriuos of clues in a different order as to wear each girl was hiding. Everyone's last clue was to our president. so the first group to get to our president got sorority t-shirts. All my sister got realy competitve!! But it was fun to see everyone running around campus... we were all suppose to be walking but it was funny to see that most girls actually got someone's car and drove around. It was a lot of laughs!

Well, i hope i help alittle!
Old 01-01-2002, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey! Thanks, I think we may try that scavenger hunt thing. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll talk to the girls about it. Are you that it isn't considered to be hazing, though? I'm a little worried about getting our chapter into any kind of trouble. If not, then I'm sure that we may decide to do it.

As far as the newsletters idea, we don't have any big sports teams near us. We may decide to travel or something, though. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-01-2002, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to snowadams
As far as hazing is concerned, i don't know how greek life works at your campus but at mine hazing is consider 'anything that new member does, a sister has to be willing to do too.' So basically you can't make a new memeber do anything that you wouldn't do yourself. So whatever activities you plan for your chapter, as long as you incorporate both sisters and new members doing the same type of things in the activity, it shouldn't be a problem. And if you are concerned, i'm sure you could ran your ideas past your adviser first.