Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,490
0 members and 1,490 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2003, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Eta Kappa rockin' NCSU

Hey ladies! I just wanted to let everyone know how Eta Kappa has been doing since it's installation in November. We have been embraced by NCSU's Greek Life and have been having a blast! As far as great achievements:

> We have the highest GPA out of ALL Social Greek Organizations

> We won third place (highest scoring sorority) in the homecoming banner contest last semester

> We won 1st place in the PanHellenic banner contest this semester

> We raised the most money for Greek Links (a contest between all Greek Organizations on campus to raise money for MADD - we recently lost a Greek Brother to a drunk driver) - we raised over $6000 - the closest GLO to us was Chi-O who raised just over $500.

AND

> We came in 2nd place at Sigma Chi's Derby Days!! It was our first time ever competing and we really didn't even know what to expect!

We have also jumped right in with some foundation work - helping at the NC School for the Blind - we tutor children there and all sorts of other things - including judging a cheerleading competion (which was AMAZING!!!).

We read the news on air at a local radio station so visually impared people can listen.

We volunteer at the Library for the Blind and Deaf here in Raleigh as well.

On the social side, we have been enjoying ourselves as well! Last Fall we held our first semi-formal (and formal is scheduled for April 26th!!).

We have done mixers with many fraternities on campus (which include many dinners, dance lessons, singled out, kareoke <sp??>, pumpkin carving, and board games).

We have held an informal rush week, where we added 10 beautiful girls to our growing chapter! And we continue to COB.

We have had recruitment workshops and sisterhood retreats!! We have cried at firesides and celebrated sisters getting into Grad School!

And, just today, we celebrated Founders Day with the beautiful ladies of Beta Theta at Duke University and the Durham/Chapel Hill, and Cary/Raleigh alumnae groups!

But most importantly, we have learned about each other and have grown close and have formed those ties which will last forever. We have found our places with in our organization and have grown to love the strangers we stood with at the Pi Alpha ceremony many months ago.

It's been such an exciting ride so far...I'm glad I'm aboard!!
Old 03-02-2003, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, CJ, that is fantastic!!! I only hope our colony can do as well as Eta Kappa has done!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Much Delta Gam love!
Old 03-03-2003, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

CJ,
Thanks for the report! Eta Kappa is doing spectacularly! You and your sisters make Delta Gamma proud!
Old 03-04-2003, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SonatinaDG
Talking

I'm so proud of you girls! You're doing so amazing! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your continued growth and success. Good luck with everything.
LITB,
Stephanie
Old 03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WolfpackDG
Carolyn,
I never realized how awesome we are doing until you wrote all of that out! We ARE doing great and I am so proud of all of the girls for their hard work!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

That is so awesome. I am a DG Alumn from the University of Oklahoma, but we lived in NC for three years until we moved here (England) in January 2002. One of my best friends from college was the Chapter Advisor at Duke, and I helped them with their initiation the last spring we were there. I wish NC State had a chapter while we were in NC! I would have loved to have been an advisor... the chapters are so scarce in NC. I always wondered why there weren't chapters at UNC or NCSU.
Again, Congratulations and good luck!

ITB,

Jennifer
Alpha Iota, '91
Old 04-24-2003, 06:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah for Eta Kappa! I am so proud of you! Go wolfpack!