Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 875
0 members and 875 guests
No Members online

Old 04-10-2001, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Be careful women!

I just read a post where a young woman wanted to (a) take the guy out to dinner for his b'day (b) buy him a present and (c) was looking for hints to do something else for him!!! - Take it from me - I ran up a $5000.00 credit card bill from doing stuff like that for my boyfriend - don't do it!! He did not spend a cent on me - I spent so much on him - and in the end - I graduated and left - - he called me over the next two years but met some other sucker. Please know girls that I'm sure each one of you are beautiful and smart - don't let someone take advantage of your good heart - it is not worth the bills in the end! Sorry to be down but my wonderful husband paid off that credit card bill - how crappy does that make me feel that my husband paid off my debt for the deadbeat I dated! Thanks for letting me vent! Sue
Old 04-10-2001, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Is this the same guy as with the ring? Look on the bright side, though. Your husband rules all ass.
Old 04-10-2001, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
But, on the flip side, ladies-- if the guy is always taking YOU out, he will appreciate the turn around. My personal policy is that I try to cook dinner for him say every 3-4 dates. I'm a good cook--he feels pampered and I get points. ha ha

But Sue's point should not be taken lightly and should go one step further--be smart with your credit now while you are in college--it will be with you for many many years if you are not and make it hard to obtain new credit, get loans, buy a car, house, even rent an apartment. I know too many people who ruined their credit (myself included) before they even understood what it is, and took till their late 20's to set all right again. Seven years it stays with you.
Amy
Old 04-11-2001, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Optimist:
Is this the same guy as with the ring? Look on the bright side, though. Your husband rules all ass.
Billy - between me and Amy's love lives - you must be so confused - ha ha but no- this was not the ring guy. I just wanted to stress that the person who I was talking about was not even dating the guy nor did the guy know she liked him so I just want all women to know - don't make my mistake and try to buy someone's love. Love yourself first!

Old 04-11-2001, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Same goes for LOANING money to boyfriends/girlfriends. I loaned my ex a thousand dollars...do you think I've seen a penny of that since the breakup...NOT ONE. So do be careful. I've been told to never loan money you don't intend to get back.
Hootie

------------------
What do you get when you cross and Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!!!
Old 04-12-2001, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
The better saying I have seen is: "Never loan money you NEED back."