GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 989
4 members and 985 guests
John, sigmagirl2000, Xidelt

Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Outfits for Recruitment!

I'm going through recruitment next week at a school in Oklahoma. I'm trying to finalize my outfits and wanted to get some opinions, especially on my dress for pref.

First round: recruitment t-shirt, khaki J. Crew shorts, and these black sandals.

Second round:

Third round: Still trying to come up with something to wear for this round. I want to wear a nice dress and wedges, but I can't find anything I like to wear this day. Looking for something to wear with these shoes (maybe!) because they're my favorite wedges. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Pref:

The dress goes to my knees and I'm fairly small chested so there's no cleavage issue to worry about. It's also a little more saturated in color than the picture shows. I was planning on wearing it with just some strappy silver heels that aren't too high and some diamond stud earrings.

What do you ladies think? I know a lot of girls wear black, and I want to try to stand out in a sea of LBDs.

Thanks so much!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I reside in a neighboring state and our weather has been EXTREMELY HOT!!! If Oklahoma is going to have weather anything like ours (and I think it will) I might rethink your Second Round outfit. Wearing black and sleeves, in the heat is a recipe for a sweaty hot mess. I might go for a cute sleeveless dress. I love the shoes btw. Also If you are going to wear pearls then wear pearl earrings not diamond studs. Just a suggestion :0.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

It is ridiculously hot here in Oklahoma (car said 122 today at lunch but the actual temp is "only" 111 right now), so I agree with not wearing a black shirt with sleeves in this heat if you are going to be doing any of your waiting between parties outside.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like the pref dress. I like to rebel against the LBD, this dress should make you stand out, in a good way.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much guys! I really hadn't thought about wearing black and sleeves in the heat for some reason. I'm also really picky about what colors I wear because I'm on the pale side. I guess I was just hoping it would cool down! I bought this dress today and thought I might wear it instead, but I can't decide if it's more appropriate for second or third round.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

The new dress is cute! I'm familiar with recruitment at a number of schools in Oklahoma and that is pretty much a universal truth! As a general rule, outfits tend to get dressier as the rounds progress if that helps with your planning!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I think that dress would be perfect for round 2.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphapimommy View Post
I reside in a neighboring state and our weather has been EXTREMELY HOT!!! If Oklahoma is going to have weather anything like ours (and I think it will) I might rethink your Second Round outfit. Wearing black and sleeves, in the heat is a recipe for a sweaty hot mess. I might go for a cute sleeveless dress. I love the shoes btw. Also If you are going to wear pearls then wear pearl earrings not diamond studs. Just a suggestion :0.
A white shirt made out of a light material would work with that skirt.