Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,573
0 members and 1,573 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2005, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!

Sorry to barge in on your forum, but I just had to send you all a very special thank you for your kind words, votes, and for passing along our message to other Kappa Sigs! As many of you know from the Chit Chat forum, my husband is a Kappa Sigma and is a finalist in a contest right now (if you have no idea what I'm talking about I copied my Chit Chat message below)...

He's way too modest and shy about asking for help, that's why I'm doing it and he has no idea I'm doing this. He likes to be the one helping, not the one asking!! Anyways, just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and your votes!

-----------------------------

I'm A Finalist!!!
Oh my goodness I'm so excited! I just found out that I'm one of 5 finalists for a big contest!! Actually, my husband (a Kappa Sigma) is really the finalist. Please help us (read below)!

The contest is for Eagle Brands (they produce condensed milk, dessert kits, etc) - It's their Decadent Dream Vacation Giveaway. You had to nominate someone and write an essay. I nominated my dear husband Michael, so technically he's the finalist. He's been such an incredible husband and father that I just couldn't pass this opportunity up! The grand prize winner receives a $7500 travel voucher for a dream vacation!!

The grand prize winner is determined by online voting. I would really appreciate your votes!!! The essay and my
husband's picture are on Eagle’s website. It's one vote per email address and voting takes 2 seconds. All you have to do is type in your email address(es), check a box if you want to join their recipe club/mailing list, and click enter. They don't ask for any other information. While there you can also enter their $10,000 sweepstakes if you want to take a short survey about their products .

I would be eternally grateful to those of you who take a minute to vote and/or pass along this message to any of your friends, family, co-workers, internet/message board friends, other ALPHA GAMS/GREEKS… that you think would take a minute to vote for us. I really would like to do something special for Mike. He has a heart of gold! I've heard through the "grapevine" that some of the other finalists are HUGE "contesters" so it's going to be some very tough competition because although I enter a contest here and there, I'm not a "contester" and may not stand a chance. I just want to do something nice for my hubbie!

Here's the website (he's #3 MICHAEL -BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA):
http://www.eaglebrandkits.com/vacation_vote.asp

Voting goes through March 31, 2005.

Thanks so much for all your support!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Already sent in a couple of votes, but good luck to both of you. By the looks of it, he's doing very well.

Collin