GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 830
0 members and 830 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2012, 03:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Looking for answers for my question...help!

Hello all,

I have a pretty specific question that I have not been able to find the answer to. I have scoured the internet, looked at countless forums and searched websites but have not been able to find the answer; and believe me this is a last resort because I HATE drawing unnecessary attention to myself.

Anyway, I am currently a graduate of a 4 year accredited university. I went to a rather large school, dealt with deaths of important persons in my life, and I have a very serious illness (Sickle Cell). Long story short, I did not get the gpa that I would have wanted, and will need, to join a grad chapter. I feel that my low gpa does not reflect my intelligence, and I believe that I fell victim to circumstances.

Anyway, to redeem myself, I am currently in process of applying for graduate schools to pursue my Master's Degree. Prior to this, I have taken several classes at the undergraduate level to decide a route for my next degree. With the classes that I have taken after graduation, my gpa is either at/over the gpa needed.

Will those classes be considered as part of my undergrad gpa, or will I have to wait until I have received my Master's to even consider showing some type of interest?

Any answers or help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by maybabies; 01-21-2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: left out information
Old 01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I would suggest directing your question to your close friends who are in the organization ... and if you don't have close friends in the organization, you should be going about making some! That's something you can be doing regardless of the answer to your question.

Last edited by BlazeandBlue; 01-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.