Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,073
1 members and 1,072 guests
Cookiez17

Old 10-14-2004, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring Break

Sup

Where's everyone heading for sprink break. I went to Acapulco last time and it was awesome. I rather not go back to the same place again. So, I wanted to hear some places that people have gone or are going. Thank You
Old 10-26-2004, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I am going to go to wherever I can get the best deal, which looks like now might be Florida. The Keys, or Boca is my guess where we’ll end up. My bf told me about studentuniverse.com to buy our tickets and see if the discounts they offer college students will help us out. They advertise lower fares for groups of 12 or more. That might be cool to get a house down there and go with a bunch of friends.
KBC
Old 10-26-2004, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

A group from my chapter is going to South Padre Island, TX. I can't wait since it looks like it's going to be so much fun!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Me and about 15 of my sisters are all going to Acapulco for spring break! A few other girls are going to South Padre and Panama City. This is going to be my first spring break, I can't wait!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
I went to Acapulco last year and Cancun the year before...

Acapulco was unbelievably better than Cancun. There are about 25 Betas (from WVU) that'll be heading down there.

It's a shame we can party together next week WVU Alpha Phi...
Old 10-27-2004, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

coramoor, dont remind me about the lack of partying my sorority will be doing next week! i had a blast at the graffitti party with you guys, i can only imagine how much fun homecoming week wouldve been. oh well.. next semester we'll make up for it!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey - just a bit of advice...

Book your trip, wherever you go, through a campus rep. Travel companies like Sun Slpash Tours usually have an undergrad rep if you go to a large enough school. I did this my senior year - I went through a kid that was in a large fraternity and in the engineering school. Everyone in his fraternity booked their trip threw him, and so did independent engineering students, and a few other people. If enough people book through the rep, usually the travel company will upgrade the rep's bookings. Everyone that booked with this kid was upgraded THREE times, moving from this motel outside of Cancun proper that I don't even think had a pool to this three star resort that was within walking distance of the main part of Cancun.

And I recommend Cancun IF you're not going during the main two weeks of spring break. Pitt's spring break is always the week before most schools, and enough kids from a few other schools were down to fill all the clubs but it was not obnixously crowded.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dphies00
Hey - just a bit of advice...

Book your trip, wherever you go, through a campus rep. Travel companies like Sun Slpash Tours usually have an undergrad rep if you go to a large enough school. I did this my senior year - I went through a kid that was in a large fraternity and in the engineering school. Everyone in his fraternity booked their trip threw him, and so did independent engineering students, and a few other people. If enough people book through the rep, usually the travel company will upgrade the rep's bookings. Everyone that booked with this kid was upgraded THREE times, moving from this motel outside of Cancun proper that I don't even think had a pool to this three star resort that was within walking distance of the main part of Cancun.

And I recommend Cancun IF you're not going during the main two weeks of spring break. Pitt's spring break is always the week before most schools, and enough kids from a few other schools were down to fill all the clubs but it was not obnixously crowded.
I definitely agree. One of my sisters is a rep for Student City Travels and its so much better going through stuff with her than having to figure out hotel reservations and airline times on my own.

I'm definitely excited for Acapulco though. I've been to Cancun when I was 15, and it was during the summer with my parents and a friend, so I know its like 100% different during spring break. But thats the only part of Mexico I've been to. I went to Aruba two summers ago, I think that'd be an awesome spring break place. Is anyone going there??
Old 11-01-2004, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

be VERY careful with those "companies"!!!! my freshman year one such company (can't remember the name) got a lot of students on my campus to go to Cancun and royally screwed them over. The accomodations and drink/food packages weren't what they said they'd be, and even worse, tons of kids were stranded in Cancun b/c their flights home were really messed up. Can't remember the exact problem b/c it was back in 1999. They heavily targeted greeks, I think about 1/2 of Tri Delta was stuck down there!

Check out a company thoroughly before forking over your money!
Old 11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
be VERY careful with those "companies"!!!! my freshman year one such company (can't remember the name) got a lot of students on my campus to go to Cancun and royally screwed them over. The accomodations and drink/food packages weren't what they said they'd be, and even worse, tons of kids were stranded in Cancun b/c their flights home were really messed up. Can't remember the exact problem b/c it was back in 1999. They heavily targeted greeks, I think about 1/2 of Tri Delta was stuck down there!

Check out a company thoroughly before forking over your money!
Thats horrible! One of my friends thats a DG had a similar story, but I don't think she went through a student company. But she went to Acapulco last year and ended up missing her flight out of Houston back to Pittsburgh.. she and a friend had to take the Greyhound for 3 days all the way back to Morgantown. I hope nothing like that happens to me!
Old 11-11-2004, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GinaBaroness Send a message via Yahoo to GinaBaroness
Nothing is finalized yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to Cancun. It should be awesome.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

In reference to the kids left in Cancun in 99, one of my close friends was in that group, or a similar situation at the same time. He didn't make it back until a week after he was supposed to be. He slept in the airport because he had no place to go or enough extra money left at the end of the trip. Some of his luggage was stolen in the airport.

On a brighter note....
My sorority sisters would plan a spring break road trip to a certain area of the state where a sister lives (or sometimes out of state to stay with an alumni). On the trip they would stay with the family of one of the sisters in that area and tour local attractions for the week. We are an ag sorority, so at least one day of the trip was spent touring farms in the area. This was really interesting because you would either learn about an industry you didn't know, or come up with ideas to take home to your own farm! Not to mention the trip was very inexpensive and you got to spend the entire time bonding with sisters and learning about their backgrounds.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Coramoor
Check up on the companies on consumer report or some such.

I checked them all out before I started planning our trip last year and student city was very well rated. The only negative I have with them was that they tried to book our flight from Houston to Pittsburgh 24 hours apart from when we arrived to our take-off. All it took was a little convincing and they put us (at least my group) on a flight that left at the same time only a day earlier.