Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,277
3 members and 1,274 guests
GammaGirl1908, John, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
ARS

Smile Found: Chi Omega Pin

ARS is my initials and it happens to be the Latin word for "art, skill" so I will go by that name for now. It's actually apropos but more on that later. What I am here for is to find a Chi Omega. Please let me explain.

Two years ago, I found a brand new Chi Omega jewelled membership pin at the Philadelphia Airport. It has no name or any identifying marks other than the usual XO symbols. Now, I know about Chi Omega since I am a Kappa Alpha alumnus myself. I have a few Chi O almae friends as well.

So, here's a conundrum for me and maybe a Chi O in here can help me. I would like to find who this person was and if not, find a Chi O that would want it. But there is a catch and more on that later too!

If you're a XO, please feel free to sound off. Thanks!

Last edited by ARS; 03-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARS View Post
ARS is my initials and it happens to be the Latin word for "art, skill" so I will go by that name for now. It's actually apropos but more on that later. What I am here for is to find a Chi Omega. Please let me explain.

Two years ago, I found a brand new Chi Omega jewelled membership pin at the Philadelphia Airport. It has no name or any identifying marks other than the usual XO symbols. Now, I know about Chi Omega since I am a Kappa Alpha alumnus myself. I have a few Chi O almae friends as well.

So, here's a conundrum for me and maybe a Chi O in here can help me. I would like to find who this person was and if not, find a Chi O that would want it. But there is a catch and more on that later too!

If you're a XO, please feel free to sound off. Thanks!
Why don't you talk to your Chi Omega friends, or contact their Headquarters?

Old 03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
There is no info engraved on the back of the badge?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Contact our national headquarters. There should be the woman's initials, initiating chapter, and initiation date engraved on the back of the badge. This would also help in locating her.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 PM
ARS

Thank you for the reply, Ladies! My name is Allen and I appreciate your responses. Well, that's the conundrum! There are no identifying names or numerals on the back! I will have to double-check. It's in my safe right now. I will check again sometime but as far as I can remember, no marks. A conundrum indeed! ;-)

But! I have an idea on what to do with it if I don't end up finding the owner. As a KA, I know how valuable and meaningful that jewel is so I can't simply give it away or sell it to someone or somewhere. Does that make sense at all?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

No, please do not sell it anywhere. Our national headquarters collects old badges. If you can see the chapter on the back, you could also try returning it to that chapter. Since it was found two years ago, that member may still be around, or the sisters may know who it was.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
ARS

I agree with you, Ms. Katee. I also have another creative idea that I can do with it. It's a bit personal so if you are curious, you may DM if you would like. But please be assured that it's as classy as any lady of Chi-O can be. I am a KA gentleman, after all. :-)
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 PM
ARS

Oh, the badge is not that old. It looks very new (and shiny even!) as far as I can recall.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I agree with you, Ms. Katee. I also have another creative idea that I can do with it. It's a bit personal so if you are curious, you may DM if you would like. But please be assured that it's as classy as any lady of Chi-O can be. I am a KA gentleman, after all. :-)
Allen, you are starting to sound really, really creepy I will take your word for it that you are a KA. As a Greek, you should know that the badge could very easily and simply be returned to the Chi O headquarters with a note of explanation. They could track down the owner or make sure that it ends up with another Chi O member. None of this "I have a secret" crap is needed.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

pardon the crash, Chi Omega Panhellenic sisters. Allen, contact Chi Omega HQ. That is really the right thing to do, and surely a KA gentleman wants to do the right thing. The badge rightfully should be returned to Chi Omega HQ. There is a chance that the badge's owner contacted HQ to report its loss.

Am a little surprised that you didn't turn it in to the Philadelphia Airport lost and found or police or airlines or something of the sort.

ETA: thetalady - jinx, buy me a coke!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 03-21-2013, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

The badge belongs to the organization. Simply mail it to the Chi Omega Headquarters if you do not know the member who lost it.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
ETA: thetalady - jinx, buy me a coke!
On the way... maybe with a side of bourbon?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
ut there is a catch and more on that later too!

Quote:
I also have another creative idea that I can do with it. It's a bit personal so if you are curious, you may DM if you would like. But please be assured that it's as classy as any lady of Chi-O can be. I am a KA gentleman, after all. :-)
I'd ask PTITY, but we know better.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:22 AM

PT?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
PT?
Prue Tacos.

ree-Xi, I was actually thinking the same thing.