» Online Users: 1,336
1 members and 1,335 guests
shadokat
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Service for the Youth??

SoRHOrs,

Ok,so we all know that SGRHO roots are deeply set in the field of education and particularly when it comes to the youth however,what is considered youth? I mean are we just talking about elementary-aged childern or can we go up to high school age ( I already know about the rhoers). I just feel that education should go beyond the youth. What about young adult and adults? I mean sometimes people grow up and miss out on that education and it would be great if we included them more. So , I was just wondering what type of educational projects ( computer literacy, resume/professional workshops, financial workshop, college prep, and etc) have your chapter or any chapter you know of participated in and how did it work out? I just kind of feel that my previous ideas might not be in line with sororities goals.

Enlighten me

If I've over stepped my boundaries feel free to PM me.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

GOALdigger, I know I'm not your soror, but I was wondering if you didn't mind me asking a question for clarification.

As you basically saying that you'd like to do programs which relate to adult and continuing education?

In my city, the Deltas and a local church established a foundation which set up adult literacy centers. They get grants and everything: http://www.mdalc.org/
Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOALdigger View Post
SoRHOrs,

Ok,so we all know that SGRHO roots are deeply set in the field of education and particularly when it comes to the youth however,what is considered youth? I mean are we just talking about elementary-aged childern or can we go up to high school age ( I already know about the rhoers). I just feel that education should go beyond the youth. What about young adult and adults? I mean sometimes people grow up and miss out on that education and it would be great if we included them more. So , I was just wondering what type of educational projects ( computer literacy, resume/professional workshops, financial workshop, college prep, and etc) have your chapter or any chapter you know of participated in and how did it work out? I just kind of feel that my previous ideas might not be in line with sororities goals.

Enlighten me

If I've over stepped my boundaries feel free to PM me.
Soror, you have not over-stepped your boundaries. It's just that you are not asking your questions in the proper place. You need to be stopped right here because your type of questions should be handled within your chapter, area, then region, etc. Could you PM me your chapter info?

The ideas you mentioned, my chapter has done these type of projects and so many more. Other chapters I know of have had similar programs.

You are really new in Sigma and have not been exposed to much. Sometimes as a neo, you need to sit back and observe the magnitude and greatness of the organization you have joined. We are much greater than your chapter, area, and region. What may not be happening in Sigma locally with you may be the biggest and most successful service project somewhere else!!

Read your Auroras (past and present), talk to other members, go to your area and regional meetings, and of course our Boule. You'll find the answers to a lot of your questions there.

I am going to close this thread now for all the right reasons. Please feel free to PM me.

I don't want nobody to give me nothin. Open up a door, I'll get it myself!! (The late, great James Brown)

Last edited by BlueReign; 07-29-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Closed Thread