Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,332
2 members and 1,330 guests
chitownxo, John

Old 02-21-2003, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Movies

What have you seen lately? Which ones do you think are a complete waste of money, or should be seen only on DVD/rental?? And which ones should we see a million times at the theater?

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 02-22-2003, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Harry Potter 1 is a must own and the second one is a must see in the theater! XXX wasn't too bad--kinda like a video game turned into a movie! That's all I can think of now!
Old 02-24-2003, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
I'm an action girl but sometimes I buy girlie movies. . .

I didn't buy Sweet Home Alabama because she doesn't end up with Patrick Dempsey. . and P.D. is an absolute doll.

I did buy The Bourne Identity. My roommate bought My Big Fat Greek Wedding and I'm still trying to stay awake and watch it(I'm not into sappy love stories. . .I don't believe in love really).
Old 02-24-2003, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
Just saw "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" this weekend-Highly recommend it! Laughed through the whole thing!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

hmmm, i have no acces to english language theatres.....so no movies for me....(i saw 10 movies during my 2 wks home for xmas) unless they're french( "Ma femme est une actrice" is a pretty funny and different movie if you get a chance to see or rent it)

I did just rent 4 dvds on saturday that were ok....
Royal tennebaum - mmm, not so sure 'bout this one...kinda weird
Big Fat Greek Wedding - cute
Serendipity - I love John Cusack
the Savage Messiah (canadian/quebecois film) - gross, disturbing but well done.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Triple X

Ok, so I just rented XXX last night... Lemme tell you... Oh man, I'm gonna marry Vin. He's hot! Wow... I thought the movie was pretty good. I watched it twice, yesterday afternoon with my dad, and last night with a couple of my friends. Ok, I'm not going to lie, I mainly watched it to see my future husband... But the movie was good, too. I'm thinking about buying the DVD.

I went to see Chicago last week. That's good. The whole musical-to-movie thing is definately coming back, and with a bang! I was in three musicals in high school, so I understand what kind of time and energy it takes... It's pretty good. Definately go and spend your $9.00 to see it at the show.

On Valentine's I saw How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. That was cute. If you haven't already seen it, I'd say wait til it comes out on video. It's cute, but I think it woulda been better to watch it on a comfy couch, in my pj's, rather than stuffed into a movie theater with a billion other people. (Maybe because I saw it on V-Day??? )

Have you seen The Sweetest Thing? I hadn't even heard of it, until my friend brought it over one night. Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate and Selma Blair are all in it. The whole jist of the movie is that these three friends are trying to find romance... A romantic movie without all the sugar-Is what I believe is writen under the title. It's cute. Anyways, my two friends and I decided that we are those three characters in the movie. It's really quite funny if you knew us... Cuz we really do have their personalities...

Well anyways that's all the movies I can think about right now!

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 02-27-2003, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
has anyone gone to see Old School yet??? Is it worth it or a wait for video?

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 02-27-2003, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Angel9460
Thumbs up Sorority Boys

As a recruitment event, we watched the movie Sorority Boys...it is from last year, but we found it very amusing.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
old school rocks
it's totally hilarious
Old 02-28-2003, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiSigEXAlphaMu
Thumbs up

Okay so I went to go see Old School with my ex ( dont ask how that happened) and we laughed our butts off. I dont usually like "stupid humor" movies, but this one was so worth the 8.00 i spent on it.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

A couple of my friends and I want to go see Old School, so I'm glad that you liked it!

Ok, so I saw The Ring in the movie theater... And it freaked me out! Seriously! So why did the movie come out on sale today, and my friend bought it, even though he got freaked out too! And dumb ole me is going over to his house to watch it tonight... Basically I'm not going to be able to sleep for the next month or so!!!

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 03-09-2003, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

SapphireSphinx9,
My roommate rented The Ring, so my boyfriend and I sat down to watch it a few days ago. After reading how scared you were, I was on edge from the start. We are like 5 minutes into the movie, and my boyfriend says, "I don't think that I want to watch this movie anymore!" It was so funny because we were so scared! But, we did complete the movie and I must say I was really freaked out. (I don't scare easily). However, I am going to make this movie part of my collection! Advice to anyone who hasn't seen The Ring...don't watch it while you are alone! Way too freaky

Jadey
Old 03-09-2003, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Jadey,
Oh for real though! Even though I've seen it before, I still closed my eyes for some of the scenes!!! A couple of friends were watching it last night and invited me over... I was like, "Um, already saw that once this week... Don't need to see it for a while now!" It was pretty funny...

And yeah, I don't scare easy either... I don't believe in a lot of the "scary" stuff, so it doesn't bother me to watch certain movies and stuff... But this is pretty freaky.

And I totally agree with Jadey, if you wanna watch The Ring... Even if you HAVE seen it before, don't watch it by yourself! YIKES!!

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 03-10-2003, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

So who played in The Ring? I do get freaked out on occassion....and sometimes by the stupidest scary movies....A few years ago ,I made my BF stand outside the bathroom door while i went after watching some stupid movie....urban legends I think....that was a weird night....

anyway, maybe i'll not listen to your advice and rent it next weekend (but then i'd have no bf to guard me while i pee...) lol
Old 03-10-2003, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's the website to The Ring... It'll tell you about it. (It was originally a Japanese movie... Interesting, huh?)

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala