Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,172
2 members and 1,170 guests
No Members online

Old 06-13-2004, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Did The Lakers made a big mistake in acquiring.....

Carl Malone and Gary payton, in my opinion these guys have done little to help the Lakers. They are well past their prime and represent more of a liability then an asset, defensively Payton is killing the Lakers.

Last edited by AXEAM; 06-14-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
On the surface it's easy to say yes based on their current play. However, at different points at least Payton was useful to the team over the course of the season. I really don't think they are primary problem. The fact that Bryant and Shaq are making only momentary attempts to help each other score is disturbing. The supporting cast, besides Gary and Karl, are not supporting the effort. Fisher, George, Medvedenko (i'm sure that's not spelled right), and Fox aren't doing much more than providing me with some good giggles when I see them pouting on the bench. I think the Lakers are falling victim to their own hype and an underdog scenario. Michael Jordan did an interview, during one of his retirements I think, and said while they were dominating the league there were still teams that surprised them and that they should have beat. Among them were the Mavericks, pre current incarnation, that were usually cellar dwellers but could hand the Bulls their butts on the regular. Why? Because they didn't take the team seriously and by the time they did it was too late. The Lakers have put themselves in a BAD spot and while I'll truly enjoy watching them lose if they do, I think some of this could have been avoided if they had just ADMITTED that the Pistons were just outplaying them instead of saying oh we just need to do xyz and we'll stop em cause they did that tonight and no stopper.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Point Blank: The Pistons are just a BETTER team!! They've driven this point home. I initially thought the winner would come from the west, but that's because the Lakers have mentally punk'd most teams. The Pistons are my boys...they had the Lakers scrambling, confused, and just sad tonight. BEAUTIFUL!!

But, to answer the question,when the Lakers acquired Payton and Malone, I thought it was a mistake. I predicted their demise early in the season (so much for my predictions. lol). While they have talent, it takes more than talent to win. You have to play as a team. It takes all of Phil's powers to make Shaq and Kobe play nice, so adding two more to the pot smelled like disaster. So, in a sense it was a good decision for most involved. I mean, they did make it to the Finals.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by abaici
But, to answer the question,when the Lakers acquired Payton and Malone, I thought it was a mistake. I predicted their demise early in the season (so much for my predictions. lol). While they have talent, it takes more than talent to win. You have to play as a team. It takes all of Phil's powers to make Shaq and Kobe play nice, so adding two more to the pot smelled like disaster.
Let the church say....
Old 06-14-2004, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by abaici
Point Blank: The Pistons are just a BETTER team!! They've driven this point home. I initially thought the winner would come from the west, but that's because the Lakers have mentally punk'd most teams. The Pistons are my boys...they had the Lakers scrambling, confused, and just sad tonight. BEAUTIFUL!!
HOLLA!! I can't wait until Tuesday night!! Thanks to the Wallaces and Rip for bringing it back EAST!!!

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Did The Lakers made a big mistake in acquiring.....

Quote:
Originally posted by AXEAM
Carl Malone and Gary payton, in my opinion these guys have done little to help the Lakers. They are well past their prime and represent more of a liability then an asset, defensively Payton is killing the Lakers.
Uh obviously the Lakers did Bruh! LOL! Congrats to the Pistons fans...and BIG BEN for repping Virginia Union!!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Haters!!!!!!

All ya'll Laker haters can kiss my Purple and Gold Behind!!!! So we gave Yall one! We will see how the Pistons handle havin a big bullseye on them for a whole season. That will be the real test! Will they have a legacy or just be legends. "I'm so sincere". Love Spell don't nobody care about Va!LOL! It's all about L.A. Baby. We will be back becuase are org is about winning period. We dominated the Eighties ( 5 rings), and then in the new millenium (3 rings). And I wont even count the 60's and 70's. I can't stand none of ya'll[cryin]. " I'm so sincere"[cryin] Now that I got that off my chest back to are regardly schedule programs.

This announcement was brought to you by " HATERADE". The drink of bad losers, broke folks, Hypocrites, and just plain haters all over the world!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Haters!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by preachdawg

This announcement was brought to you by " HATERADE". The drink of bad losers, broke folks, Hypocrites, and just plain haters all over the world!
Ok ignoring the rest of your post cause you DELUSIONAL (not gonna mention that 10-15 year gap between rings), your sponsor announcement was PRICELESS. I am the definition of a Laker Hater and figured after game three Detroit could be the Giant Killers if they kept it up but even I will admit I wasn't expecting that butt whooping last night. But I ain't MAD ABOUT IT
Old 06-16-2004, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

SO!

Hater! I smelled you coming!LOL No really ya'll handed are butts to us on a silver platter with a 15% gratuity added to it! But on a another note I am not delusional, just a little lupy cuz I ain't took a wooping like that since I had a genie's house around my neck!LOL! Hear me all! WE WILL BE BACK!

plus how many rings you team got! In the words of Jay Z "zip, zero, stingy with dinero". Probably none especially if you in the Midwest.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Indy isn't my squad lol. I just reside where they play. My loyalty travels with the eye candy or whoever beats the Lakers so for right now my squad got 3 ROFL after the lovely parting gift the Lakers dropped off.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't Lie

Oh now you a Pistons fan huh! "Folks this is your conducter speaking the bandwagon called Pistonville just went over its maximum weight capacity, due to federal regulations we will have to let some people off at the next stop in Haterville. Please watch your step and thank you for riding with Bandwagons R US ! "
Old 06-16-2004, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I've NEVER been an Indy fan, was actually hoping they got knocked out of the playoffs earlier than they did. I'm a Texas transplant so I root for Dallas and Houston first. San Antonio if they can beat the Lakers, then I follow the eye candy. And had the Nets or anyone else beat the Lakers when they had the chance I would have supported them JUST CAUSE they beat the Lakers.

ETA: Eye Candy currently resides in Toronto for NBA purposes
NFL: Baltimore and Philadelphia since the stupid Titans let my baby go
Old 06-16-2004, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

This was a very hard lesson for Malone & Payton but I hope they learned something Championship Rings are earned and can not be bartered for. Aging players who couldn't lead their teams to a championship during their prime can't just take a pay cut and join a powerhoue team and waltz into a championship. Sports unlike most areas is a place where a person must truly earn his/her awards.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:15 AM
laidbackfella

Cost of Lakers NBA Champs in 2004 shirts: $3000.00

Renting Sports Bar for Games 6 and 7: $2000.00

Amount Laker Fans spent on "Sweep" Brooms: $13,500.00

Coming to Terms with the fact that you won't see LA in the Finals again until 2009: Priceless

Old 06-18-2004, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
I almost feel sorry for him...the poor baby!