GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,355
3 members and 1,352 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 08-05-2003, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Not a Mezzo
Love Sinfonians!!

Y'know, I've got to say...I really do love Sinfonians. The chapter on my campus, Iota Epsilon, really epitomizes what a fraternal organization should be about. They're highly respected, with an excellent retention. They're very involved in every aspect and organization at the SOM, not just their own. They're exceptional musicians, or at least, very active ones. A great many of the faculty are also Sinfonians, and they maintain an interest in the collegiate chapter which is great to see.

They also have a fantastic new member program, from what I can see. Very supportive, very effective at forging a bond without resorting to hazing.

They're some of my favorite guys on campus.

I will never forget the night my boyfriend was initiated. He called me in my dorm room, waking me from a sound sleep, and said, "Jenn, I can't talk long...my brothers and I are going out to celebrate...but I'm a BROTHER now. I understand. I'm so glad I did this."

He had been planning on de-pledging the week before. However, the respect and, yes, even wonder in his voice when he said "my brothers" has stayed with me a long time, and even led to me becoming Greek myself.

Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate your fine organization and your great brotherhood!!
Old 08-05-2003, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks so much for the post, Not a Mezzo! Can't tell you how glad I was to read all you had to say. I'm so glad that your bf didn't de-pledge, and that we can call him a true Sinfonian. Sounds like he is a great brother in a great chapter! And glad he got you going down the Greek path.

And I gotta say: Phi Mu Alpha and Phi Mu -- what a great combo!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedMusiq4U Send a message via Yahoo to RedMusiq4U
Talking

Not a Mezzo thanks for the love and for those who don't know I am a member of the Iota Epsilon Chapter All Hail!!!! it's been a great 10 months( it'll be a year in November .) Being apart of this organization has been overwhelming and very enlightening and I am glad to be a member of such a wonderful organization. See ya in school Mezzo!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Great to hear the brotherhood is doing well there!!! !
Old 03-15-2004, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
I second everything Mezzo said.

The Omicron Omega chapter here at my school are the most amazing guys I know. They worked their butts off to get their chapter reinstalled last year and are respected by everyone. They love music, and their brotherhood is amazing. At least 3 of my SAI sisters date Sinfonians, so I can say y'all have good taste.

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever heard of a bad chapter of Sinfonia. Everywhere I go, Sinfonians are always great.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

it's been said, but deserves to be said again: Sinfonians are wonderful people.
kisses and roses from SAI Gamma Eta!
Old 09-02-2004, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

You know, some of my really close friends are Sinfonians; especially you Joey! Even though I love the guys of Phi Mu Alpha, the chapter itself hasn't been doing too well. They have been pretty much split in half. But all the guys really are great, they just all have very different personalities. I'm not there this year, so maybe things are changing. Good Luck Guys!
Old 09-04-2004, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Along the line of the first post here...

One of my dearest friends in the world is a Sinfonian. And I think it's the best thing to happen to him in college.

He's also a saxophone player and music major, and we've been super close since he came here. But when he was a freshman, he was so quiet and shy that he only hung out with me and his roommate, and me because I reached out to him. He also had a lot going on in his personal life that year...and he was so miserable from not having any friends except us and all that he was going to transfer. I begged him to stay, give it another chance...and consider Sinfonia.

Wellll he did, and the next semester he was offered a bid but declined because his schedule was too busy. They gave him one the next semester, and he accepted it.

He is the happiest I have ever seen him. Certainly the most outgoing. He doesn't feel so alone anymore. I am so glad Phi Mu Alpha came into his life.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Sinfonians are wonderful people indeed. I've been with mine for over 10 months already...

My boyfriend's not back on campus this year (though I'm still on campus) and his brothers are so wonderful, they'll still keep me informed when things are going over there, and the fellow sinfonian girlfriends will keep me company, and it's just a very nice environment to be able to go there and hang out when I've got nothing to do on a Friday or Saturday night. Plus it's somewhere I can go out to where my boyfriend won't be worried about me over.