GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,591
4 members and 1,587 guests
chi-o_cat, UVASquirrel, willTic, Zach

Old 03-26-2004, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
Theta Roll Call

Okay, so I admit, I stole this from the Kappas. I think it'll be fun!

Name: Anna
Date Initiated: 3/7/04
Home Chapter: Eta Lambda at Santa Clara University
Currently serving fraternity as: Nothing! I just got initiated. But I'm on the sisterhood committee.

Home Chapter Claim To Fame: We're the babies of Theta! Our charter class just got initiated in the fall, with our second class (my class) getting initiated this March. But we're already the coolest Greeks on campus.

About Me: I grew up in Chicago's north suburbs (Buffalo Grove, if you know 'em) and moved to California my senior year in high school. I went to Santa Clara University where I've been for the last two and a half years. I hope to go on to graduate school or law school and one day be a professional fiction writer. I'm an English/Poli Sci major.

Can't wait to hear from you all!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

cute topic!

Name: Andrea
Date Initiated: 10/30/99
Home Chapter: Beta Gamma, Colorado State University

Currently serving fraternity as: I'm an alumna, but I've been on recruitment board, Vice President Education, Panhellenic Greek Week chair, Panhellenic Homecoming chair, a Recruitment Counselor and been on numerous committees!

Home Chapter Claim To Fame: Recently, some alums from my chapter were in a magazine called More. Great article, but not much stuff about Theta. We have the biggest house on campus (square footage) and usually are #1 in grades.

About Me: I grew up in Colorado Springs, went to college in Fort Collins, and then moved back after graduating in the Spring of '03. Currently, I am working at a commercial real estate agency, and am moving to Japan in the fall, where my fiance is stationed. I was insanely involved in college (my personal claim to fame/interesting college fact is that I was the college mascot- which is how I met my fiance- we were both "Cam the Ram") and miss my sisters much more than I possibly would have imagined. Also, I'm planning to elope very soon!

Welcome to GC, scuthetagirl! Great thread to start!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Name: Bekah
Date Initiated: 10/10/97
Home Chapter: Gamma Pi, Iowa State University

Currently serving fraternity as: Advisor for the VPD, Ritualist, Social and Service Chair for the chapter I attended in college. In a non-fraternity, but still Greek role, I serve as secretary for the ISU Greek Alumni Alliance. I held a bunch of different positions in college but VP Administration and Facility Manager were the biggest ones.

Home Chapter Claim To Fame: hmm....don't really have one. I do know that we've had two winners of the Founders Scholarship since 1998, but I'm sure that lots of chapters have that.

About Me: I grew up in NE Iowa (a really small town of 250 people) and graduated from ISU in December of '01. I am about to start a new job (one more week at the old one) as an underwriter with an insurance company. I live in WDM and the Des Moines area is like a hub for insurance companies. My current roommate is also a Theta and one of my best friends, we met on Bid Day back in the fall of 1997.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Mary

Date Initiated: 10/19/01

Home Chapter: Delta Upsilon, Eastern Kentucky University

Currently serving fraternity as: I'm currently the Scholarship Advisor for my Delta Upsilon chapter. I'm also a member of the Lexington Alumnae chapter, and pseudo-member of the Louisville Alumnae Chapter. I also currently participate in the Louisville Alumnae Panhellenic activities, and plan to start a Lexington Alumnae Panhellenic in two years(I have to finish nursing school first and assuming no one beats me to it!) In the past I have served as Scholarship Chair, Junior Panhellenic Delegate, Scholarship committee, House committee, and Bylaws committee. I was also nominated by my chapter for Best New Member for Greek Week awards(but I was beat out by a Chi Omega :P).

Home Chapter Claim To Fame: A local TV newsjournalist is from my chapter. We are also currently the only chapter on Eastern's campus with chapter total of 70, thus making us the largest chapter on campus. Our return rates during fall rush were also the highest. We also keep winning multiple Greek Week and philanthropy event awards.

About Me: I grew up in a piddly lil town in Kentucky called Ashland. I moved to Lexington in 1998 and attended University of Kentucky for a while, before I decided I needed a change. I transferred to Eastern in Fall of 2001 where I became a proud Theta and graduated in December 2003 with a degree in Business Management. I'm currently going back to Eastern pursuing a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing degree in an accelerated program. I hope to get my masters and be a nurs practitioner in either cardio-thoracic surgery or women's/family health. Other than that I spend a crap load of time volunteering for various organizations in the community. Consult my profile for a list of my hobbies and other interests
Old 03-27-2004, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Jane

Date Initiated: February 1989

Home Chapter: Epsilon Mu/Princeton University
Currently serving fraternity as: Nominating Committee Secretary (for nominating Grand Council at the upcoming Grand Convention in June).

I am a former: member of Grand Council (Fraternity VP Alumnae), ADO/ADP, alumnae chapter president, and founding president of the college Panhellenic at Princeton.

Home Chapter Claim To Fame: We were the first sorority at Princeton (and the only one for a long time).

About Me: grew up in Las Vegas, loved Princeton, married for 12+ years to a Stanford man I met during my sophomore-junior summer, I have 2 very young children, former careers in both the high tech industry and cooking instruction, and my passions (other than my husband, children, and Theta) are baking and confection. (Fun fact: I made the desserts for Anna's chapter's, Eta Lambda/Santa Clara, Pref Night.)

Theta rocks!
Old 03-27-2004, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to scuthetagirl
Ohmigod, Jane, the desserts you made for pref night were so awesome! We all loved the cheesecake the best, and the COBs in the kitchen were really excited when we were told we could eat the leftovers. Thanks for doing that for us! It was fantastic. Folks, Jane is a Thetalicious confectioner!