Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 951
1 members and 950 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-19-2003, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

backdrop

I am the recruitment chair for my sorority and I need some ideas ASAP for what to do about one of our themes. We are doing a theme that required a Cruiseliner backdrop, but it cost 750 to make professionally so we had a girl in the house that said that she could make it volunteer. Turns out she cant now and rush is in 2 months. How can we make the backdrop? I have no leads... Please help!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't panic-- you can do a couple of things...
1) Recruit an art student at your school to direct the process and get a couple of sisters to help paint that he will supervise. Any fraternity friends who are good at art? Make sure to send a nice thank you and maybe a small gift-- heck-- these guys love serenades and those are free!
2) Get yourself an overhead projector. Have the artist draw what you need on transparency, and make it a sort of color by number. Hang your sheet or tarp on the wall and aim the projector-- sketch in your design and paint.
3) Talk to your adviser, stat! She will be able to help you.

Pi Love
Old 06-19-2003, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Sundevil2000, I would suggest contacting us alum. I mean we help with rush and I'm sure we'd be willing to help you with your back drop. You are so lucky that the Phoenix alum is so active, there are so many of us.
I know I would be willing to help y'all and I'm sure there are other sisters out there willing help.
What exactly do you want on the backdrop? Do you want the exterior or interior of the ship? What day of rush is the theme for? Also, do you know how 'big' the backdrop should be? If you don't, do you know at least which room the chapter will be in at the MU? That would just give me an idea.
Plus, other than the alum, I'm sure we can get sisters who are still in town to help.
If there is anything else I can help with or ideas or whatever please feel free to email me at adpi22@cox.net.

Brianna
Old 06-24-2003, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Any update on the backdrop? I know these things can be so stressful, but I think you got some pretty good tips on this forum.
I hope it all worked out.
violets
Old 06-25-2003, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

hmmm wanna fly me out to arizona? i'm an art major i could do it seriously, listen to adpiucf she knows of what she speaks, great ideas girl!

~*~