GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,544
0 members and 1,544 guests
No Members online

Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Archives Favorites~ FUNNY STUFF!

So, I'm sitting here bored and perusing GC because my guard unit has me held hostage at an undisclosed location, and come across this:

http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...highlight=perp

I know it's old, but this is the funniest stuff I've read in a loooooong time! Please post your favorites that had you laughing like a lunatic

Quote:
Was young...Made a huge mistake...
First let me say that I want to pledge grad chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. However, my family and a few friends/collegues EVEN MY HUSBAND, think that I am already a member! I attended a HBCU and stopped attending at the age of 19...when I came home I told everyone about a year later, I had pledged. Met Deltas, went to parties, dated Ques, wore para, even met a Delta from the school I suppose to had pledged at and because I had "fronted and met other Deltas and 'talked'", she challenged me and I passed! We became friends, met other Deltas, and I work at a school now (i'm 26) and the Deltas here know "of me" being a sister and do the call when they see me, etc. I have now received my undergrad and really want to become a Delta. There are grad chapters here but I am afraid someone may recognize me and be like "huh! " So I was thinking about trying to in a city that has a grad chapter close to me other than my hometown. I have stopped "talking" Delta and I no longer have any para (took off keychain, car tag, etc.) and really want to be one FOR REAL. I guess my whole point of coming here is this.... what would you do if you recognized someone who claimed to have already been a sister years ago, sportin' 2004 as their pledge year or wanting to "pledge" PERIOD. I dont know....

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 11-14-2007 at 02:54 AM. Reason: clarity...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved that thread.... it had me the whole time.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=64983 <------- I used to sooooo be irritated by that guy's posts, as evidenced by my snarky remark in the thread, which yes, made me laugh out loud all over again.

He left GC after his fraternity colony dissolved.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
So, I'm sitting here bored and perusing GC because my guard unit has me held hostage at an undisclosed location, and come across this:

I know it's old, but this is the funniest stuff I've read in a loooooong time! Please post your favorites that had you laughing like a lunatic

Quote:
Was young...Made a huge mistake...
First let me say that I want to pledge grad chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. However, my family and a few friends/collegues EVEN MY HUSBAND, think that I am already a member! I attended a HBCU and stopped attending at the age of 19...when I came home I told everyone about a year later, I had pledged. Met Deltas, went to parties, dated Ques, wore para, even met a Delta from the school I suppose to had pledged at and because I had "fronted and met other Deltas and 'talked'", she challenged me and I passed! We became friends, met other Deltas, and I work at a school now (i'm 26) and the Deltas here know "of me" being a sister and do the call when they see me, etc. I have now received my undergrad and really want to become a Delta. There are grad chapters here but I am afraid someone may recognize me and be like "huh! " So I was thinking about trying to in a city that has a grad chapter close to me other than my hometown. I have stopped "talking" Delta and I no longer have any para (took off keychain, car tag, etc.) and really want to be one FOR REAL. I guess my whole point of coming here is this.... what would you do if you recognized someone who claimed to have already been a sister years ago, sportin' 2004 as their pledge year or wanting to "pledge" PERIOD. I dont know....

at myself in that thread! Funny! But, uh, to my sorors: Why aint none a yall pull me to the side for using that annoyin'-azz font?? LOL

I Stay Woke!!

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 11-14-2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Clarification...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeezDiscreet View Post
at myself in that thread! Funny! But, uh, to my sorors: Why aint none a yall pull me to the side for using that annoyin'-azz font?? LOL
LOL, you were a crunk neo!

That was a great thread but there's several better perp ones like this one: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=71991
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide4 View Post

That was a great thread but there's several better perp ones like this one: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/showthread.php?t=71991
I was reading that, looking at the dates, wondering where I was. Found out on page 9. LOL!

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jitterbug13 Send a message via Yahoo to jitterbug13
Quote:
This was one of the best threads EVER.

"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."--Kanye West

"Black is the new President."--Tracey Morgan
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post

I have never seen this thread before but I am reading it now and I cannot BELIEVE this!!!

But I just love CT4's:
Quote:
Someone pass me a order of HELL NAW with a large glass of Negro Please with no ice.
Also, I think MeezDiscreet's font is...cute.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljkelly View Post
Also, I think MeezDiscreet's font is...cute.
I thought it was cute too but not so much of it!

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Good idea for a thread topic...

...and IMHO a good way to reminisce considering GC is coming up on its 9th year next month.

Ah, yes I do remember the "Was young...made a huge mistake" thread. I also vividly remember a similar thread that turned into an AKA Pink and Green Riot with Nonchalant as its victim.

Speaking of riots, anyone here remember DSTGent being a victim of a Delta riot AND and Omega riot? Hilarious stuff!

Delta Riot

Omega Riot

ETA: Any thread involving the Greekchat Oscars, but the 2006 one hosted by our forum was the krunkest--heck we had several mini cyber riots in that thread that rivaled the '99 Source awards.

2006 Greekchat Oscars

Oh, and the Shamika T loves Bobby Earl thread also in our forum.

Shamika T flirts with the Nupes

KAY<>FNP

Last edited by KAPital PHINUst; 11-14-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I loved that thread.... it had me the whole time.
yeah it was a trip and now look at the irony of this post from rain man/kapital phinust:

Quote:
All I know is that your quest to become a Greek has bordered on living a fantasy/over obsession, and after 6 years of lying to everyone who loves you, it's time to let it go. Even if you do become legit, it's going to take a VERY long time for folk to embrace you as a sister, because you betrayed a critical trust.
LOL
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!

Last edited by ladygreek; 11-14-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeezDiscreet View Post
When I was just re-reading it now I thought why was MeezDiscreet using that font? It strained my eyes, but I guess it didn't three years ago.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

That was a great thread but there's several better perp ones like this one: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=71991

Yes, I saw that one, too. Your response took the cake; that certificate to her REAL organization was GENIUS!! LOL
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
yeah it was a trip and now look at the irony of this post from rain man/kapital phinust:

LOL
Quote:
When I was just re-reading it now I thought why was MeezDiscreet using that font? It strained my eyes, but I guess it didn't three years ago.
Irony, huh? I guess you do need to get your eyes checked, 'cause apparently you can't tell apples from oranges. *LOL*

KAY<>FNP
Old 11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

LOL
LOL ironic indeed.

Slip & Slide.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
LOL ironic indeed.

Slip & Slide.
That's all right, as least I got my letters to show for my efforts

KAY<>FNP