GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,507
0 members and 1,507 guests
No Members online

Old 11-18-2005, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Don't tell me this ain't gonna kick ass!!!

june 30th 2006......HE RETURNS!!!!

http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/trailer.html
Old 11-18-2005, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

It isn't.

As a movie buff (I usually have seen 9 out of the 10 top movies out at the box office in any given week) the superhero genre is getting rather old.

If it was 5 years ago, I would be excited.

The director is great, and I'm sure the fx will be amazing, but it's getting old.

I will see it opening day, of course, and be happy to see it, but superhero flicks just don't do it for me anymore.

I think Batman Begins was excellent, the director really made it unique, but realistic, and made it different from all the other Batman movies and shows.

Superman Returns looks like a long episode of Smallville mixed with the Chris Reeves Superman of the 80's.

However, I do think movies like Sin City really add something to the genre. It is original, unique, and not very well known so people don't go in with preconceived notions about how it should be and how it should look.

I've never been a big fan of the "Superman" character anyways. A superhero that can do it all? Heat vision, fly, super strenght, fast, and on and on.

Oh God, my movie/comic nerd just came out!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

OOPS.....

sorry bout that GammaZeta.....your secret identity is now revealed....

Yeah BB was awesome....

and next summer also.....

X3
Old 11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

The funny thing is director Brian Singer, who did an excellent job with the first two X-Men movies, left the franchise to begin the Superman Returns movie. I don't think he will be able to capture the magic in SR that he did with X1-2.

Now Brett Ratner is directing X3. From the leaked stills of X3 that I have seen and the casting, I'm afraid he is trying to pack too much into one movie. Although the addition of Juggernaut will be a cool story line, I don't think he will do him justice.

The best action director today? Sam Raimi. He has done an amazing job with Spiderman 1-2 despite what some fanboys say. He focuses on using the villains and their personalities to really define the hero (Spiderman) and his struggles, which is the way it should be.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Have you seen the pic yet of Thomas Haden Church as Sandman?

Looks good but Spiderman 3 will not be out until 2007!!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EM1843
I think the First Batman and the Spiderman series have stayed truest to their comic book form. The first Batman was very dark and Batman wasn't seen as an entirely "good" character. His battle was against his own personal deamons as well as the Joker. The Spiderman series has delt with Spiderman finding himself while remembering "with great power comes great responsibility." I also think the Punisher movie stayed true to the idea of the commic book.

I've never been a big superman fan. He was just too perfect for me.

Speaking of XMen I wish they would bring in the Beast character. He was always my favorite.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey EM,

Good news for you! Beast will be in X3, played by none other than Kelsey Grammer of "Frasier" fame.

Thomas Church is going to be a great villain. Sandman is going to be awesome. I saw the one leaked photo and I think Raimi did a good job on it.

The real question is who is going to be the second villain. They already cast Topher Grace, of that 70's show, for the part. Venom comes to mind but Raimi has said on several occasions he really doesn't want to do Venom. However, the fan pressure must be enourmous for Venom to make an appearance. Personally, if everyone still wants to do a 4th, they should set up Venom in the 3rd and wait for his appearance in the 4th.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

You're kidding about Kelsey Grammer right?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Nope, not kidding. I thought he would be an excellent choice. The voice really makes it and any physical problems can be fixed with make up.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001288/

There ya go. He is none other than Hank McCoy/Beast.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I think he'll make a great Beast. I may actually pay to see X-Men 3...