GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,135
4 members and 1,131 guests
flirt5721, willTic, Xidelt

Old 02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Super Bowl XLIV: Who will throw more touchdown passes--Brees or Manning?

o.k. so who do you think will throw more touchdown passes? Drew Brees or Peyton Manning? I hope the Colts kick butt and take names, because I hate the Saints, and I don't think Drew Brees stands a chance against Peyton Manning.

Your thoughts for Super Bowl 2010.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
o.k. so who do you think will throw more touchdown passes? Drew Brees or Peyton Manning? I hope the Colts kick butt and take names, because I hate the Saints, and I don't think Drew Brees stands a chance against Peyton Manning.
Well, there's that whole thing where Brees threw more TDs in fewer attampts in the regular season even through a MUCH more difficult schedule (and with a very similar "call-off-the-dogs" approach at the end, although he did actually play). Oh, Brees also had fewer INTs and a better completion percentage. Beyond that though, sure, he can't touch Manning.

If it's Vegas and the line is "even" you have to take Manning simply because the Saints can actually run the ball while the Colts don't even really try anymore, so Pierre Thomas et al. may snipe TDs.

Hilariously, the way to attack NO is through running though . . . it'll be an interesting game. The line at IND(-6) seems . . . poor, though. We'll just go with "poor" and leave it there.

Last edited by KSig RC; 02-04-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post
Well, there's that whole thing where Brees threw more TDs in fewer attampts in the regular season even through a MUCH more difficult schedule (and with a very similar "call-off-the-dogs" approach at the end, although he did actually play). Oh, Brees also had fewer INTs and a better completion percentage. Beyond that though, sure, he can't touch Manning.

If it's Vegas and the line is "even" you have to take Manning simply because the Saints can actually run the ball (1st in Rush DVOA) while the Colts don't even really try anymore (22nd), so Pierre Thomas et al. may snipe TDs.

Hilariously, the way to attack NO is through running though . . . it'll be an interesting game. The line at IND(-6) seems . . . poor, though. We'll just go with "poor" and leave it there.
I agree with this, and not to bring my Vikings into this thread because they lost, so it's irrelevant, but I was really hoping for a Favre/Manning Super Bowl, not because I'm biased to the Vikings but because I'm thinking it would probably be a better game and a better thread. But that's neither here or there, so it's Manning for sure.

eta: if it was Favre? Then, I don't know.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-04-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Manning. No stats to back my choice. But oh, how I would have loved to have seen Manning vs. Favre. Oh well.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I agree with this, and not to bring my Vikings into this thread because they lost, so it's irrelevant, but I was really hoping for a Favre/Manning Super Bowl, not because I'm biased to the Vikings but because I'm thinking it would probably be a better game and a better thread. But that's neither here or there, so it's Manning for sure.

eta: if it was Favre? Then, I don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbymidwest View Post
Manning. No stats to back my choice. But oh, how I would have loved to have seen Manning vs. Favre. Oh well.
Yeah, I would've love to see Favre and Manning go at it. I want the Saints to win, but I think that's asking for too much. They're going to get slaughtered. If they want to win they're going to have to play some heavy defense because Manning's passing ability is almost second to none. The dude is awesome.