GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,169
1 members and 1,168 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 06-15-2001, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ambitious1
Post Long distance relationships....

Hello Everyone,

Currently I'm in a long distance relationship, I live in Michigan and he is in California. We have been together for over a year, but it's really starting to get to me,because we only get a chance to see each other a few times a year. I was just wondering if anyone else has a similar experience to relate and how it turned out.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrimsonAngel2001 Send a message via Yahoo to CrimsonAngel2001
I can relate to the long distance relationship. I was in school in New York and he was in school in Maryland and then in the summer I was in Maryland and he decided to move with his father in California. Like you we only saw each other a few times a year and yes it was very difficult. But that is something that you have to work extremely hard on. This lasted for a little over a year but unfortunately we did not stay together because this was a very difficult situation for us especially since we were young (18 and 19), but we still are good friends and who knows what is possible for the future. I've seen long distant relationships work and like I said a lot of work and effort have to be put forth, and both people really have to want to make it work. So good luck to you, and I hope things work out.

------------------
"We may not have been first to say the least, but it takes a rough draft to create a masterpiece"

Determined
Strong
Talented

#7 Pop-Up
Pi Lambda
Spring 2001
Old 06-18-2001, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Reds6 Send a message via Yahoo to Reds6
I was in a long distance relationship for about 2 years and we got married. We were together for 10 years. Although we are divorcing, long distance relationships do work, but they are very hard to maintain.