GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,482
0 members and 1,482 guests
No Members online

Old 02-27-2005, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Interesting Older Sigma Items

I was wondering if you or your chapter has any interesting older Sigma items. For instance I won a pledge manual off of ebay for Sigma pledges and it is a riot!! Just reading about everything that was required and the cute pictures are so fascinating!
I am a total history nut so this was just wonderful for me! Anyone else have interesting items or stories?

slam.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WVSigmaChick
Smile

Just last night we had a "sisterhood event" a.k.a. cleaning time LOL, and I was cleaning out a closet and found the architect's forms and papers and the contractor's bid papers and blue prints of our house from 1965!! It was so neat!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WVSigmaChick
Just last night we had a "sisterhood event" a.k.a. cleaning time LOL, and I was cleaning out a closet and found the architect's forms and papers and the contractor's bid papers and blue prints of our house from 1965!! It was so neat!!!!!!!!!
Thats really cool!! I cannot imagine having a house! It would be like having a living time capsule!

Old 03-10-2005, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WVSigmaChick
Smile

oh yea its great!! i absolutely love it and cannot wait to live there this coming fall, it should be fantastic! it is like a living time capsule, its so neat just to like dig through drawers and find pictures, we found old scrapbook pages from the early 70s the other night too and the house the my friends live in is still in the background of those pics and pictures from over on campus, its so funny to see how things have changed, but how they have stayed the same
Old 03-11-2005, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a member of the recently reinstalled Delta Omicron chapter in Gettysburg. Tri Sigma was on campus in the 80's, but closed. When we first became a colony, we received all of the boxes of stuff from the original chapter.
There were a bunch of scrapbooks. Of course, everyone had the fabulous 80's style in the photos which was fun to see, but the most interesting thing we found was a wooden pig, painted purple, with the words "The Purple Pig" written on it. Sadly, we have no idea what its significance was to the old chapter, but we have it as a decoration in the room anyway because we think it's cute.
Actually, if there are any alumnae from Delta Omicron who know what the purple pig was all about, I would LOVE to know so we can pass that info along before we graduate!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Fellow PA Sigma

Hi Gettysburg Sigma!

Glad to have another PA-er on here and one from a chapter close to my own! Are you going to State Day? If so, you could bring the purple pig and maybe find a chapter alum to enlighten you on its meaning!!

slam.
Jessica