GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,269
0 members and 1,269 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

ESPN Commentator Reynolds Fired

Seems Harold Reynolds got fired for sexual harrasment. Not that I know him personally, but his on-air persona is not the least bit slimy. Plus I liked listening to his commentary. And I liked looking at him while he gave his commentary!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14026863/from/ET/
Old 07-26-2006, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I have met Harold Reynolds a couple of times because one of my good friends dads is the leading analyst for horse racing on ESPN. He is an extremely classy individual.

I can't see him doing anything other than what he said, hug the woman. This is probobly a case of a disgruntled dumb bitch that wanted to try to cause trouble and sue for money........a la Duke Lacrosse
Old 07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
I have met Harold Reynolds a couple of times because one of my good friends dads is the leading analyst for horse racing on ESPN. He is an extremely classy individual.

I can't see him doing anything other than what he said, hug the woman. This is probobly a case of a disgruntled dumb bitch that wanted to try to cause trouble and sue for money........a la Duke Lacrosse
HA, Hammerin' Hank?

Anyway - the 'word on the street' is that Reynolds has a long history at ESPN of hitting on girls, especially PAs and others 'lower' than him on the ladder. It's never been a problem before because it's never been acted on, but apparently this time he hugged the wrong PA and she filed a complaint and got him canned. Deadspin has a lot on this.

He was probably the most personable of their on-air guys, though, and definitely was held in the highest regard by outsiders - in that regard, even though I disagreed with a lot of his actual analysis, I'm sorry to see the dude go. What a bizarre situation . . . it sounds like he got fired for something innocuous based on a repuatation in the past. That's awkward.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy
Seems Harold Reynolds got fired for sexual harrasment.
These things are so tough.

It isn't really as easy as "he says, she says."

I obviously can't say what was behind his "hug," but I do know that the thinking man almost doesn't dare touch (with the possible exception of a hand shake) anyone any more. (That can also be true for a woman these days) In addition, people must really be careful of what is said in front of almost anyone.

Sexual harassment is a real moving target these days.

The other consideration (I'm NOT saying this is the case) is that a public figure can be a really easy target.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC
HA, Hammerin' Hank?

Anyway - the 'word on the street' is that Reynolds has a long history at ESPN of hitting on girls, especially PAs and others 'lower' than him on the ladder. It's never been a problem before because it's never been acted on, but apparently this time he hugged the wrong PA and she filed a complaint and got him canned. Deadspin has a lot on this.

He was probably the most personable of their on-air guys, though, and definitely was held in the highest regard by outsiders - in that regard, even though I disagreed with a lot of his actual analysis, I'm sorry to see the dude go. What a bizarre situation . . . it sounds like he got fired for something innocuous based on a repuatation in the past. That's awkward.

haha, no Randy Moss. Maybe he isn't the leading analyst, but I always see him on TV at the major races.

This almost seems like this woman had to be new or not around for very long. I mean, the guy has worked at ESPN for 11 years, surely the people around him would know that he is very personable and likes to flirt.....if that is the case at all.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Tight. This guy lives in Orange County. Maybe he can come work for the Dodgers or Angels.

It was probably that whore bag Erin Andrews. I hate that bitch.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
HA, Hammerin' Hank?

Exactly - he's had the rep for a few years, and it seems more like reputation got him than anything else.

Another part of it, also mentioned on Deadspin, is that ESPN has had a reputation as a tough place to work for women. The perception, at least, is that guys get away with a lot there. One thought is that Reynolds was fired to change that perception.

Very weird.

Last edited by KSigkid; 07-26-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

On the Dodger boards, they are saying Bonnie Bernstein was the culprit. What a hooker.

I got a post deleted for saying " hmmm Bonnie Bernstein aye? I'd do her in the butt". everyone laughed, but the mod said it got deleted because kids may read the boards
Old 07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

You're with me, Mike Tirico.

WTF.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
You're with me, Mike Tirico.

WTF.
Seriously - I met him a few times before reading about that, and he always seemed like a really nice guy. I guess he got a little too nice...

Also, I've found myself dropping "You're with me" into way too many conversations. It's still funny, every time.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyTheDon
On the Dodger boards, they are saying Bonnie Bernstein was the culprit. What a hooker.

Nah, the sites with solid sources it was a Production Assistant - no one you'd actually see on air . . . oh god the indignity of getting fired for your actions at an Outback Steakhouse.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid
Also, I've found myself dropping "You're with me" into way too many conversations. It's still funny, every time.
Haha, it really is never not funny.

And LOL @ Out...back...back...back...back...

...and he could...go...all...the...way...
Old 07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie
And LOL @ Out...back...back...back...back...

...and he could...go...all...the...way...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
/\ /\ /\ /\

Not even to first base.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum
/\ /\ /\ /\

Not even to first base.
/\/\/\/\

Popout to the catcher