GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,665
1 members and 1,664 guests
No Members online

Old 09-09-2007, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team

Heads up, everyone. The new season of DDC:MTT will be on at 9 eastern this Friday with an one hour special on CMT.

On that subject, of the girls that were cut 3 (I could be wrong) of them make this year's squad. And one of them made it to training camp again and got cut there once again. However, she made a cheerleading squad with the NHL. I won't say who they are.

Last edited by sunnyhibiscus; 10-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
do you mean three of the girls that were cut last season made it this season? id much rather be watching football then a show about the cheerleaders honestly. they really should just call them dancers instead because they dont really cheer at all i dont think. still hoping the cowboys beat the giants tonight and that the patriots beat the jets!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
I don't remember the girl's name from last season that got cut, but she was my fav hands down. I hope she's the one that made the show.

And it's funny, this show got me totally into the NFL. I can't wait for it to come back.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I have been watching this too. Can't wait to see how it ends (even though I hate the Dallas Cowboys)
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

This show, for some reason, always captures my attention. I guess its because I remember the "hay day" of the cheerleaders back in the day.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhibiscus View Post
Heads up, everyone. The new season of DDC:MTT will be on at 9 eastern this Friday with an one hour special on CMT.

On that subject, of the girls that were cut 3 (I could be wrong) of them make this year's squad. And one of them made it to training camp again and got cut there once again. However, she made a cheerleading squad with the NHL. I won't say who they are.
umm when did the NHL ever have cheerleaders? and wheredothey cheer? behindthe glasswall?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
She meant the NFL.

And I like this show, only because it makes me more interested in football and since all my guy friends obsess over football on the weekends and Mondays, it's a good thing.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
umm when did the NHL ever have cheerleaders? and wheredothey cheer? behindthe glasswall?

The Dallas Stars have something called "Ice Girls, " and the girl who was cut from last year's and this year's training camp made the Ice Girls squad.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
The Dallas Stars have something called "Ice Girls, " and the girl who was cut from last year's and this year's training camp made the Ice Girls squad.
chitown - which girl was it? You can pm me. I'm just curious. I saw the last few episodes of Making the Team last year and have seen a few this year.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, there was a girl, Miranda, who tried out for four years. But she got the same results as last year: no training camp. At the end she said that as much as she want it she decided to move on. To be honest, I don't blame her for not wanting to try out again. I would try out three times and that's it. I'm glad that Miranda is not like that lady, Jennifer, in the very first episode two years ago. Jennifer had tried out 8 times.

Then there's Cori who was a veteran cheerleader for two years. She didn't make it. I was really sadden that she didn't make it in, because she was one of my favorites.

I was disapointed that Yoshiko (the Japanese lady) didn't try out. She was one of my favorites.

BTW, if the Red Wings ever have cheerleaders on the ice... let's just say I'll be in a sour mood.

Keep cheerleaders off the NHL teams and baseball. By the way, there are cheerleaders on the Cincinnati Reds and Florida Marlins teams. One note, Brooke Sorenson was on the Marlins cheerleader team before she became a DCC last year. On a sad note, she tore her ACL and I think that she's out for the season.

Last edited by sunnyhibiscus; 10-11-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I noticed this year that they assigned the veterans to the new girls this year (sort of like big & little sisters). I don't remember them doing that last year.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
I'm not very good at waiting... I already have enough stress in my life. You can go to the DCC web site and see who makes it and who doesn't. I know that my favorite (won't say her name) gets cut as she's not in the team pic. But, after I googled her, I found her on another team's squad for this year.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhibiscus View Post

By the way, there are cheerleaders on the Cincinnati Reds and Florida Marlins teams.
Since when did the Reds get cheerleaders? I've been to dozens of Reds games and have never seen them. I think you're right though, cheerleaders aren't needed in hockey or baseball. I don't understand why they're at wrestling events either.

I do love this show, though! This makes me even more upset, because I don't have cable anymore
Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I could be wrong, as I've only attended a few Stars games.. but I don't think the Ice Girls are "cheerleaders"... I think they are just there to be pretty and make appearances at events.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AznSAE
these girls are even hotter in person. i met two of them and got autographs at the state fair a few weeks ago (brooke and meredith).