GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,520
0 members and 1,520 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2000, 11:51 PM
aprimelo

Unhappy Will they remember me???

I just had a question for anyone who can help. I just graduated from hs and have been interested in greek life since last year. I met a girl that I used to work with and I knew she was in a sorority so I asked her about it and she, without knowing me, invited me to one of their dinners and told me I could bring a friend also. After the dinner I talked to my friend from work and she said that she didn't know that we were in high school because it is against the rules to recruit high schoolers so they could have gotten in a lot of trouble if the big people had found out. I am very interested in this sorority, but I am afraid that at rush someone will say, "Isn't that the girl that..." or do you think that there will be so much going on that they won't remember? I didn't mean to cause any trouble when I went to this dinner but could this be any grounds for keeping me out or am I just paranoid? Your answers would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-10-2000, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
The member made an honest mistake and it shouldn't be held against you. I'm going to guess that the only person that will remember the incident is you and your friend, so go through recruitment with a clear conscience and have fun!

Barb
Old 08-19-2000, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

In most sororities you can't rush your 1st semester anyway. You went to a luncheon-big deal. With so many other potentials, I doubt you will stand out as the troublemaker, but the one who was interested and knew what she wanted.