GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,491
2 members and 1,489 guests
UW_dawg
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JustMereBeauty
Alpha Kappa Alpha Graduate Member Flipped Out...Why?

So I have a question for the members of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

I have just recently moved to a new state and I was speaking with a classmate a few weeks back about wanting to get involved in some community service. So she invites me to a community service event. I later found out it was an Alpha Kappa Alpha event, which was really fun. So anyway, the event ended and I was sitting, waiting to leave, and my friend strikes up this random conversation with one of the Graduate members. They spoke for about 15 minutes. My friend then pretty much told the lady that she was interested in the 'AKA' and she wanted to know what the next steps were from there.
I had no idea she was interested, and I'm thinking, "good for you" then the lady FLIPPED OUT. I mean she was clearly upset! She told my buddy that Graduate membership was by an invite only and that she would never become a memebr acting like this. Then she told her to never refer to her or her organization as 'AKA', and then she pointed to me and said if she wants to be a part of any Greek Organization then she needs to be more like me. (I was just sitting there not saying a word)
So my question is..why did she get so angry like that? If my buddy wants to join or whatnot how is she supposed to do so if she doesnt tell someone???? I am confused.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMereBeauty View Post
So I have a question for the members of Alpha Kappa Alpha.

I have just recently moved to a new state and I was speaking with a classmate a few weeks back about wanting to get involved in some community service. So she invites me to a community service event. I later found out it was an Alpha Kappa Alpha event, which was really fun. So anyway, the event ended and I was sitting, waiting to leave, and my friend strikes up this random conversation with one of the Graduate members. They spoke for about 15 minutes. My friend then pretty much told the lady that she was interested in the 'AKA' and she wanted to know what the next steps were from there.
I had no idea she was interested, and I'm thinking, "good for you" then the lady FLIPPED OUT. I mean she was clearly upset! She told my buddy that Graduate membership was by an invite only and that she would never become a memebr acting like this. Then she told her to never refer to her or her organization as 'AKA', and then she pointed to me and said if she wants to be a part of any Greek Organization then she needs to be more like me. (I was just sitting there not saying a word)
So my question is..why did she get so angry like that? If my buddy wants to join or whatnot how is she supposed to do so if she doesnt tell someone???? I am confused.
I feel charitable today!

QFP

Answer in short: DISCRETION!

Granted, I'd probably laugh at your friend and say "good luck with that", but she was lucky that is all she got. Why don't you ask your friend after you look up DISCRETION!

This thread will be locked, because I got it like that no matter what others think they know!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Closed Thread