GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,577
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,418
0 members and 1,418 guests
No Members online

Old 04-04-2004, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Founders day

Hey I just got back from my chapter's founding day celebration/mother's pinning.. we've now been on campus for 23 years so I was just wondering what your chapters do to celebrate your local founding, if anything ?
Old 04-04-2004, 05:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Re: Founders day

Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
Hey I just got back from my chapter's founding day celebration/mother's pinning.. we've now been on campus for 23 years so I was just wondering what your chapters do to celebrate your local founding, if anything ?
Unfortunately, we don't usually do anything specific for our chapter founding day... We were founding on April 25 and Pi Phi nationally was founded on April 28. So there's not much point in celebrating both! We have our college's Alumni Weekend usually the weekend after the two Founders Days so normally our Alumnae event for that functions as our chapter founding celebration. We normally do Pi Phi cermonies, and if it's on a 5 year reunion we normally do something a little larger/more special. Like for the 10th year we got t-shirts, I know.

We will have our 12th anniversary next month!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Unregistered-

The last time my chapter/local alumnae did anything "big" for our local founding was our 10th Anniversary Reunion 2 years ago -- we were formally installed on 3/14/1992.

Usually the chapter holds a small potluck/casual meeting on the meeting day closest to our birthday. It's always fun when charter members come down to share their memories of Installation Day!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Sigma Nu's national founding day is January 1st, 1869. Unfortunately, we as a national group don't really do anything to celebrate it because everyone is home celebrating something else.

Our chapter's founding day is March 9th, 2002. We always set our formal on the weekend closest to this date.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-04-2004, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

While My Chapter always Celebrates Founders Day In Feb., it is Different from LXA's as it is still being discussed! But 1909 is The Date!

We try to make Founders Day a Big Deal along with Homecoming to get Brothers Back. 2 Times a Year only!

While We were Colonized in 1966 and Chartered in 1969, We as the Founders of The Local Were Officialy known as 1965. We use that as The Sigificant Year for The Length of My Chapter!

2005 for The Chapter Will Be 40 Years!

Never Forget The Roots That Got You To The Big Dance!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-05-2004, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Founders day

Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
... so I was just wondering what your chapters do to celebrate your local founding, if anything ?
In Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, we call this Chapter Day. It is one of two days each chapter is expecting to observe each year. (The other is Founders Day, Oct. 6).

How chapter day is observed will vary from chapter to chapter. Common ways to observe Chapter Day include a dinner, appropriate ceremonies and a Mills Music Mission (our national outreach program/philanthropy, where we follow a custom of our Founder, Ossian Mills, and sing at nursing homes, children's hospitals or the like).
Old 04-05-2004, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

we don't usually do anything since it always falls during exams now...
every 5 yrs or so we have a formal though and invite all our alum back...for our 20th we had 9 of 12 founding sisters, which was pretty good!
Old 04-05-2004, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
We just *recently* found out the date of our Charge founding, 13 December 1919 (even though we always knew that 1919 was our year).
We always celebrate our founders day accordingly with our International, 31 October 1847.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

We celebrate our chapter anniversary, March 24th, 2001. Our first anniversary we had a Mother's Pinning and went out to dinner at the Olive Garden. We also had our 1st Sapphire Ball planned right around that date. For our second and third anniversary we had dinner at Acapulco. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to this year's... Hopefully next year we won't have it at Acapulco again... Boring!

diokete hupsala
Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

We are celebrating founders day on the 20th at Twin Lakes Country Club. Parents are invited, alumna mingle with us and share memories, and we sing and have brunch!

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

We celebrate our founder's day ever year but not the date of the chapter found, it just so happens that is in the same month!
Old 04-05-2004, 09:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Our local Founders Day is on December 3rd. we don't anything real big except have a banquet and having a swearing in ceremony for our new Executive Board.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!