GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 898
1 members and 897 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-09-2000, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Post NPHC- Unity Activities

Hello all,

I am this year's NPHC president at my school, and I am preparing our annual retreat. This is where we gather to get to know each other better and discuss all issues pertaining to the "Divine Nine" on our campus, such as the constitution, social events policies, etc.

I am trying to find some good activities that promote Greek Unity amongst the organizations.....icebreakers, team-building activities etc.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Alpha Phi Alpha
Spr. 97 #3
Univ. of Central Arkansas
Old 08-11-2000, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey I have a few suggestions. One is to have your retreat in like the woods or a secluded area where there's no outside distractions. You wanna keep their focus. Also, a ropes course would be very good. If you don't know what that is, then you can email me and I'll explain in detail. Also center activities around group activities. Activities that foster competition. However instead of breaking them up into their different orgs. mix them up. This gives them a chance to bond with people from different orgs. You know how the spirit of competition takes hold of people. They will know be united to ensure that their team does well at these events. Also, do you guys have a unity step team? I've only seen a few schools that have this. This is where members of the different orgs. make up a step routine and step together. It incorporates styles from all of the orgs. and brings them together to make one united team. It's really nice to see the cooperation and love this type of activity brings upon. Well those are the ideas I can think of so far. I hope this was of some help to you.

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 08-19-2000, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I think NUPES idea of a unity step team sounds good. How about a Frat/sorority trivia. You can make the game any way you want, but include questions that most should know or could find out. Include a few tricky ones. The first team to get the most points or answer questions in a certain time wins!!
Ex: Who was the last to enter the NPHC, Which organization started the slogan"A voteless people is a hopeless people"