GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 936
2 members and 934 guests
navane, Xidelt

Old 03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Naughty subtexts in "innocent" movies/shows/games

What naughty or creepy subtexts or easter eggs have you detected in "PG" movies/shows/films? What are your favorite well-known subtexts or easter eggs?

I liked the penguins doing the "69" in Happy Feet.

I wouldn't consider this as subtext or an easter egg, but I found it suspicious. A few weeks ago, I did a service project reading books to elementary kids. One of the books had a main character named "Percy". That's not even a common or modern name. I had to hold my giggles everytime I said that name, and the teacher giggled also. I bet the author did that on purpose to make the grown ups laugh while telling the story.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I'm missing something, why is Percy funny? I never catch on to these things! There is a Harry Potter character named Percy though.

I think I remember something from The Lion King. Wasn't there a word in the clouds at one point? 'Sex' maybe?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
I think I'm missing something, why is Percy funny? I never catch on to these things! There is a Harry Potter character named Percy though.
If you don't pronouce the name exactly right, it will sound like "Pussy". It pretty much sounds like "Pussy" in the first place.

Haha I never knew HP had a character named Percy. It wasn't HP though, it was a book about talking owls.

Last edited by Dionysus; 03-15-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I do this all the time with my colleagues. Sophomoric is my middle name. We laugh at naughty things the children say without knowing it.

Why just today, a first grader told me "I like the balls in your bag, Mr. Darden."

As for films, how about David Bowie's huge bulge in Labyrinth?
Old 03-15-2007, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
If you don't pronouce the name exactly right, it will sound like "Pussy". It pretty much sounds like "Pussy" in the first place.

Haha I never knew HP had a character named Percy. It wasn't HP though, it was a book about talking owls.
Hahahahahaha

I think there's a character Percy on Thomas the Train. My son's started watching that cartoon, so now this is what I'm going to think about whenever they mention Percy!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Wasn't there something going on with the front of the the box of "The Little Mermaid"? I think it was the castle that looked like a phallus?

We're the girls who wear the pearls
You can't beat those sexy squirrels!

Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΑΓΔSquirrel10 View Post
Wasn't there something going on with the front of the the box of "The Little Mermaid"? I think it was the castle that looked like a phallus?
Yeah, some angry artist. The Lion king was was actually SFX in the leaves as Simba stands on the edge of a bluff. But it looks vaguely "Sex" like.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Check out snopes for the audio of Aladdin telling the audience that "all good teens take off their clothes" or something - too funny!

The Rescuers also has a picture of a naked lady in it - snopes has it all - good stuff
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I swear there is sexual tension between Bob the Builder and Wendy (his office manager/co-builder whatever). Especially in the older episodes (pre-Sunflower Valley).

I think I watch too much Children's television.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΑΓΔSquirrel10 View Post
Supposedly, but I really didn't see it that much, but there is also something else in the movie "The Little Mermaid." Now I don't know if they edited it out in this new edition that just came out, but in the old one the priest gets a boner.

It is at the end, when he is marrying Prince Eric and Ursala (who was posing as a girl at the time), you have to look under the pulpit. Now I probably wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it, but it was there.

Kappa Delta Sorority

Sigma Alpha Iota Music Fraternity
Old 03-16-2007, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is very Show Girl-ish

ZΦB
Old 03-17-2007, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas13 View Post
Supposedly, but I really didn't see it that much, but there is also something else in the movie "The Little Mermaid." Now I don't know if they edited it out in this new edition that just came out, but in the old one the priest gets a boner.

It is at the end, when he is marrying Prince Eric and Ursala (who was posing as a girl at the time), you have to look under the pulpit. Now I probably wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it, but it was there.
It's his knee! But yes, it's very common to think it's a boner.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 PM
wreckingcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I do this all the time with my colleagues. Sophomoric is my middle name. We laugh at naughty things the children say without knowing it.

Why just today, a first grader told me "I like the balls in your bag, Mr. Darden."

As for films, how about David Bowie's huge bulge in Labyrinth?
Do you KNOW how hard it is to be a PE teacher and be constantly asking kids to do things with their balls? "Dribble your balls, hold your balls, etc". I don't think the majority of kids read as much into those comments as I do when I say them, but there are always a couple of fifth graders that i can see smirking.

Kitso
KS 361
Old 03-18-2007, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Even better: In soccer we had to go "Shag the balls" which was getting them from behind the goal. Only an occasional giggle until I did a Eurotech soccer camp one year and the British/Irish guys asked as to go get the balls and then said "what do you call that here" That was entertaining.

Also, being told to bring our "flask" to the camp was fun.