Old 10-05-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

DZ on ebay

Sorry to intrude on ur board but i thought u might want to see this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=11145

Its a dz paddle on ebay
Old 10-05-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Thanks for the heads-up. If I had any spare cash, I'd bid on it!
Old 10-06-2003, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a badge on there, too. 1 was bought by a collector this week
Old 10-17-2003, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash!

I have an interesting dilemma. My mother-in-law, who is herself a DZ, has one of the DZ founder's pins. This founder never had children, but married my mother-in-laws grandfather and passed the pin down to her when she died. (I should point out that my mother in-law considers this founder to be a grandmother figure to her, although they are of no blood relation.)

My mother-in-law has no girl children herself, but has told me that she intends to hang onto the pin in case we produce any DZ legacies. (heehee) Well, I, of course, think that the pin rightfully belongs to DZ and she should give the pin to DZ headquarters where it can be displayed. But she is very attached to it because of its sentimental value and because of the hope of passing it on to a legacy of her own.

Do you think I should press the issue with her? I don't feel it is my place to let the headquarters know that she has it (because I don't think they have ANY idea that it even exists anymore!) but on the other hand, I think someone should know that they need to ask for it at some point. Not sure what to do...
Old 10-17-2003, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. Interesting dilemma. I know you will get the spiel that the DZ badge belongs to DZ and all that, but the "lease for life" thing is a little shakey, and if a Founders badge didn't wind up back at HQ, for whatever reason, your mother-in-law clearly inherited the badge. My thought is, what DZ wouldn't be extremely attached to such a treasure!!!

I honestly think it would be devastating for something like that to end up in the hands of a collector, or worse, melted down--especially if HQ has no idea it exists. I don't think you should press the issue, just in case she does get a legacy someday...BUT, maybe you can ask her if she has made any provision for the badge in the event of her death, if she isn't able to give it to a legacy? If nothing else, maybe she can spell out in her will that the badge be returned to the DZ national historical museum?

Please feel free to pm me if you want to share any more details, or have any thoughts....

Last edited by dzandiloo; 10-17-2003 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Good idea about getting her to leave something about it in her will.

My guess is that no one knows it is out there because this founder never had children. Her relationship as a "grandmother" to my mother-in-law is by marriage only, so it is understandable that she would not be linked through any genealogical search. At the time of her death, the pin was given to my mother-in-law because she was the only other DZ in the family and it meant something to her. This was many, many years ago before Ebay and before the issue of who a pin belonged to cropped up. I don't even think my mother-in-law has thought twice about it. She just showed it to me one Christmas when we were talking about my sorority.

My husband, however, is an only child, so, in the event of her death (presuming we are both around) I would make sure that the pin is sent back to DZ HQ. I just think it would have been nice for her to have made a presentation at the DZ convention last year....wasn't it DZ's 100th anniversary? At any rate...maybe by the 125th anniversary I can talk her into it. heehee!

Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Had to Laugh at this Description!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...911516536&rd=1

I hope that link comes through!
Old 05-13-2004, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

A tea pot?? lol Thanks for the laugh!
Does anyone think it's really odd that the DZ is not engraved on the front?? What's that all about?
Old 05-14-2004, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DZPrincess2003
Quote:
Originally posted by DZHBrown
A tea pot?? lol Thanks for the laugh!
Does anyone think it's really odd that the DZ is not engraved on the front?? What's that all about?
That is weird.... almost as if they acquired it somehow before it went to the engravers.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

It looks caved in or dented..maybe it was a flawed one that never made it to the engravers and somehow got out?
In any case...it sure is weird looking...
Old 05-14-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Baltimore, MD - Missing Sitting on the Green Monster with Johnny Damon and Teddy Bruschi
Send a message via AIM to PlymouthDZ
I was talking to my boss about this (I showed him) and he says that it looks like somoeone might have taken it to a jewelers and had the Delta Zeta polished off.. hence why it is caved in. I wonder..?

Also.. could it be a fake? There aren't initials, or a date on the back. But then again.. why would someone go to all that trouble to make a fake.. without letters on it?

interesting though..

I think now, instead of singing "Delta Zeta Lamps are Burning" my chapter is going to sing "I'm a Little Teapot."

Old 05-14-2004, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PlymouthDZ
I was talking to my boss about this (I showed him) and he says that it looks like somoeone might have taken it to a jewelers and had the Delta Zeta polished off.. hence why it is caved in. I wonder..?

Also.. could it be a fake? There aren't initials, or a date on the back. But then again.. why would someone go to all that trouble to make a fake.. without letters on it?

interesting though..

I think now, instead of singing "Delta Zeta Lamps are Burning" my chapter is going to sing "I'm a Little Teapot."

LOL!
Old 05-14-2004, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Baltimore, MD - Missing Sitting on the Green Monster with Johnny Damon and Teddy Bruschi
thank you, thank you.. I'll be here all weekend.. hahaha

Last edited by PlymouthDZ; 05-14-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Great purse for DZ

http://www.geocities.com/sororitypurses/

Last edited by gphib_95; 05-25-2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gphib_95
Great purse for DZ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

SO CUTE!!!