Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,221
0 members and 1,221 guests
No Members online

Old 09-06-2006, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Me rushing Pi Kappa Alpha.

So this whole ordeal will start at School A. At school A, I rushed a fraternity and was later initiated. Quite a few members in the old fraternity did drugs. I then transfered to school B not even a semester later, mainly in an attempt to get away from that scene.

My fraternity is not at this school, so my queston is can I join? I have been out of contact with my first fraternity for some time.

I wanted to rush Pi Kappa Alpha, because when I went into their party they said no drugs, they all looked like clean cut good guys, and they have great marks on this campus.

I even get along great with the guys, I even have recieved a bid. I will tell the president my situation, before I accually accept the bid, but can anyone else here give me some insight? Will I instantly be shot down? I really want this, but I understand if its definatly not going to happen.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Under the rules agreed to by all the major national national fraternities, no, you cannot resign from one fraternity and be initiated in another. It would be irresponsible of me to encourage you.

If you choose to be unethical and violate the rules, then you should never say anything to anyone about your previous association. If you tell the president, or anyone, then it is likely that you will be rejected. If you keep your mouth shut you might find happiness with a great fraternity.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah but would you consider it happiness, without my previous association out on the table?

i just dont know. im gonna tell the president, and if they dont want me they dont want me, but thanks for the input.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish you all the best.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If you tell the president you will get rejected. Atleast you are honest about the situation. I applaud you for that. Listen, you don't have to be a Pike to be friends with those guys though. Just look at it that way. Or you can look at it like this. "You'll never be a Pike" and that makes you sad till you go to the grave. LOL I'm just kidding man.

like the great Firehouse says. Best wishes to you
Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I have heard of people deactivating from fraternities. I would say your best bet is to deactivate your old fraternity. It might just work, but no guarantees.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You cannot pledge Pi Kappa Alpha if you have already been initiated into another greek letter organization, even if you have deactivated. You can lie, of course, but then your time in Pi Kappa Alpha wouldn't be legitimate.