Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,500
2 members and 1,498 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 07-26-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Taking Care of Each Other

I want to say first of that in my experience in Phi Tau I have felt the warmth and harmony brought by all types of people; in or around the organization in which I can truly say is my second family. When, I came to San Francisco I did not expect to join a fraternity at all. My Godfather a frater saw that at SFSU that there was his org. told me to check em' out. I really wanted to join his org. becuase he was in it, and that was it. But, I walked around, and meet an old friend in Phi Tau, who happen to be the rush chair. He told me about Phi Tau and I did the rest. I investigated the organization and meet the whole chapter. The chapter gave me a feel of security, they were the ideal step brothers. I said to myself if the national org. is any thing like their local chapter, epsilon theta, I want in. I got in. I am a person who likes to socialize, ask any of my chapter bros. but felt that I had an obligation to help others because of where I am in life, 5 year relationship with a girl I admire. I love everything about this girl, her look, her personality, her spirt. I am in school with a year and a half to graduate, but more importantly because my mother and God have kept me alive to en-joy all this. I love them both. I have done only a couple of community service projects with my chapter and hope to do more. I some times when I'm down, say why help others who else dose it. Then I look at who else dose it, and see my own brothers close and FAR, showing true human responsibilty, to give a hand when needed. I felt the need to tell people who may not of heard this story, of what a few men did to give a young girl a reason to put on a smile. So, I do not give you many pages to read-you can call 1-800-pkt-1906 and ask for the "LAUREL" and inside our national mag. it tells the story of a few kind Phi Taus that traveled great distances to make sure a young girl who I believe is fighting cancer have a happy christmas. Or you can, I believe go to our national website www.phikappatau.org and read online. It is a great thing these young men have done, an inspiration to me and I hope you feel the same way. Please, if you have any news on Greeks doing great things for our community, write them. Tell them, becuase it is that, helping others, that we can find peace within our own hearts.
-Heath
FKT
www.bspotonline.com/phitau
www.phikappatau.org