Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,443
1 members and 1,442 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-15-2002, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Post NYC...American Diabetes Association Orchids in Bloom!

Just In Time - For Mother's Day

Orchids in Bloom

The orchids are only $15.00 per bouquet, come wrapped and in individual water tubes and delivered directly to you. (delivery applies to orders of 15 or more, 25 or more in NYC to a single location). The flowers will arrive on Friday, May 10, 2002. Just in time for Mother's Day support the mission of the American Diabetes Association, "to prevent and cure diabetes" and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

For more information email us ZPhiBSNZ@yahoo.com
.................................................. .................................................. ............
Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. The cause of diabetes is a mystery, although both genetics and environmental factors such as obesity and lack of exercise appear to play roles. There are two major types of diabetes:

Type 1 - A disease in which the body does not produce any insulin, most often occurring in children and young adults. People with Type 1 diabetes must take daily insulin injections to stay alive. Type 1 diabetes accounts for 5 to 10 percent of diabetes.

Type 2 - A metabolic disorder resulting from the body's inability to make enough, or properly use, insulin. It is the most common form of the disease. Type 2 diabetes accounts for 90 to 95 percent of diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is nearing epidemic proportions, due to an increased number of older Americans, and a greater prevalence of obesity and sedentary lifestyles.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MisplacedGam
Lightbulb Help

Hey, try to get in touch with any Alpha Gamma Delta Chapters near you, I am sure they would love to help out in any way that they can! Our Philantrophy is juvenile (sp) diabetes, and I know if I were in a chapter close to you, I would want to help out.
tori
Old 03-17-2002, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Re: Help

Thanks Gam!
You are the best! I will definitely reach out to your sisters. Feel free to pass the word!

Best,
10-A-91
Quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedGam
Hey, try to get in touch with any Alpha Gamma Delta Chapters near you, I am sure they would love to help out in any way that they can! Our Philantrophy is juvenile (sp) diabetes, and I know if I were in a chapter close to you, I would want to help out.
tori
Old 04-20-2002, 02:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Re: Help

Quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedGam
tori
Not to be picky or anything but Alpha Gamma Delta's Philanthropy is no longer just Juvinille Diabetes but just Diabetes Melitus in general ( I am sorry of the typos...its 101 am here!)

Old 04-20-2002, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Post I contacted your National office

Unfortunately, there is not a AGD chapter in the NYC metro area.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Finer Woman,

have you thought about contacting the New York Metro Junior Circle? One of my chapter sisters is an officer, and I'm sure they would be interested in helping out. Please feel free to drop me a line. I would be happy to give you her email address!

Greek Love,
GLG
Old 04-20-2002, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

sorry...

I am not familiar with the New York Metro Junior Circle. Tell me more about them! Please email me your sister's information! Although the Orchid project is almost coming to an end, perhaps we can work on something in the future.

Quote:
Originally posted by greeklawgirl
Finer Woman,

have you thought about contacting the New York Metro Junior Circle? One of my chapter sisters is an officer, and I'm sure they would be interested in helping out. Please feel free to drop me a line. I would be happy to give you her email address!

Greek Love,
GLG