GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 814
1 members and 813 guests
John

Old 07-02-2023, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

eBay, QVC or Amazon?

Which online service do you use more, eBay, QVC or Amazon?

I use Amazon the most because of the amount of items I buy or have bought for my house. I use QVC every now and then. Too many customer, shady feedback on eBay for me to trust the seller.

ETA: Feel free to add an online retailer too. I might learn about a new online retailer I’ve never heard of.

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 07-02-2023 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-02-2023, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

When I do online shop, I’ll use QVC because I don’t like anything used. One thing I like about Amazon is that they have everything. I can think of something I need that I can’t find at Target or a retailer nearby, and Amazon will have it every time.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-02-2023, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't been in ANY store since my surgery in January. I had my second surgery of 2023 in April, and still can't drive! My husband hasn't driven since his stroke 3 years ago, so we use a LOT of delivery!

I've never used QVC, but do use Amazon and ebay. I've had good experiences with Amazon, except one. and honestly, no bad experiences with ebay.

We've also used Jewel (groceries), Target, Walmart, CVS & Walgreen's, and Instacart for Aldi's & Jewel (groceries). Had my first bad experience with Walmart - they substituted the light bulbs and they aren't the right ones.

I'm really hoping that I'm driving soon!
Old 07-02-2023, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you and Mr. honeychile are healthy and well now. Honestly, I’m very positive that you WILL be driving soon, honeychile. No doubt. Take it slow though. Don’t rush.
Old 07-02-2023, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I hope you and Mr. honeychile are healthy and well now. Honestly, I’m very positive that you WILL be driving soon, honeychile. No doubt. Take it slow though. Don’t rush.
Thank you so very much, Phrozen Sands. I'm doing well with PT, and hope to be driving & sans wheelchair by the end of the month!

If nothing else, my therapist likes to tinker around, so has been changing light bulbs, installing a new shower head, fixing my wheelchair brake, etc, etc, etc!!
Old 07-02-2023, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ditto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Thank you so very much, Phrozen Sands. I'm doing well with PT, and hope to be driving & sans wheelchair by the end of the month!

If nothing else, my therapist likes to tinker around, so has been changing light bulbs, installing a new shower head, fixing my wheelchair brake, etc, etc, etc!!
I’m so happy to know that you have someone there to do those things for you. That’s a blessing and great news.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-02-2023, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I did buy from eBay once. The seller sold the item as new but it was totally not new. It was dusty and smelled like mildew from a basement.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-02-2023, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post

That’s awesome, honeychile! I’m glad you are doing well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I did buy from eBay once. The seller sold the item as new but it was totally not new. It was dusty and smelled like mildew from a basement.
Lol did you send it back? What was it that you bought? — if you don’t mind me asking.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lol did you send it back? What was it that you bought? — if you don’t mind me asking.
They were two games for my old computer. I didn’t send them back because they worked but the boxes had been opened. This was a very long time ago.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 07-03-2023, 08:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I buy frequently from eBay and Amazon. Amazon is for new/current things that I just don't want to run all over town to get: cat's herpes meds, eye drops, tea bags that are hard to find , nasal saline spray that isn't always in stock at WM or Target, etc.. eBay is for nail polish (OPI discontinued colors), my perfume (much cheaper and easier to find on eBay), high ticket items that I don't want to pay full price for. I buy A LOT from both.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I do probably the most online shopping on Amazon, just because sometimes I need random items and I don't want to have to check two+ different stores to see if they have them. I've shopped QVC albit it quite randomly for very specific things like shoes (in a specific brand and I know my size). I rarely shop ebay, although I've done a few badge rescues for my org, and ironically I just bought something from ebay the other day a vintage coach purse, that I had always wanted from way back in the day when I was a broke college student and couldn't afford that particular bag. My hubs has purchased a good number of auto parts off ebay for a fraction of what he would had paid for the part at the dealer. My motor went out in my car for the windows, he found a replacement part (still working several years later btw), for a faction of what the dealer was going to charge.
Old 07-03-2023, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Amazon.

My Ebay account was hacked soo many times (linked to my Yahoo account). Once, someone used my account and was selling so-called computers in the UK and wanted British pounds for payment.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Amazon, hands down. I spend way too much money with them.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Amazon.

My Ebay account was hacked soo many times (linked to my Yahoo account). Once, someone used my account and was selling so-called computers in the UK and wanted British pounds for payment.
You and me both. My eBay account was hacked too. I ordered something, then when I never got it I called eBay and they told me the address the seller sent it to but it wasn’t my shipping address. They hacked it and changed my shipping address. Lucky for me what I ordered wasn’t expensive. I’d have been pissed if it was expensive.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLadyAKA View Post
Amazon, hands down. I spend way too much money with them.
I feel your pain!

Seriously, one of the nicest gifts I got whilst in the hospital & rehab for 5 months was when a bunch of my friends pooled their money & gave me a VERY nice Amazon gift card!