Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,171
0 members and 1,171 guests
No Members online

Old 03-24-2003, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

When should a relationship end?

I've never been the one to do the breaking up before. I'm not really even sure if I want to do this. We've been together for about a year or so, and I'm just kind of fed up with some things and he doesn't understand that. I know I have faults, too, but this just isn't working at the moment. Should I stick it out or move on?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Tell him what you just said here, "It isn't working, so it's time to move on."
Old 03-24-2003, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Only you can really know when...

I don't usually participate in the Chit Chat threads, but I do have some experience in this area. A few years ago (I was 21 then), I was engaged to a guy from my hometown. We were together one year before getting engaged, and we were planning an 18 month engagement. To most of the world (including my fiance), we had the perfect relationship. We never fought, and we were always kind and respectful toward each other. My friends were constantly commenting on how "in love" and how "cute" we were, but inside, I was dying. Even though he was nice to me, our relationship did not make me happy. I knew what sort of life I wanted to have, and our being together was not helping me to become the person I knew God intended me to be. I was creating a "fake" life that wasn't good for me or for him. Breaking up was the hardest thing I even had to do...before or since! I was miserable at first, but soon I realized that it was something I had to do for myself. Now, I am very happily married, and I would never have met my wonderful husband if I had not listened to my heart. I had known something was wrong for months, but I had to really learn to listen to myself before I could ever be happy.

Good luck!
Erica
Order of the Rose recipient