Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,109
0 members and 1,109 guests
No Members online

Old 03-27-2008, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Exciting AI news

I decided to post this here because I'm very excited about 4 women who will be Initiated as AIs shortly at our Beta Delta Chapter (Indiana University).

Three of the women are staff members at our Headquarters in Indianapolis and have been for some time. They have been instrumental in keeping us organized and functioning as a Fraternity. I have almost daily correspondence with one of them! The fourth is a staff member at our Foundation Headquarters in Indianapolis. These women have shown a wonderful dedication to our organization, far beyond a typical "employee loyalty", that I often forgot that they were not Initiated members.

I'm so proud that in just a few weeks, these women will now be our Sisters. I don't know how we'd function without them! They have already devoted so much of themselves to us as an organization.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I decided to post this here because I'm very excited about 4 women who will be Initiated as AIs shortly at our Beta Delta Chapter (Indiana University).

Three of the women are staff members at our Headquarters in Indianapolis and have been for some time. They have been instrumental in keeping us organized and functioning as a Fraternity. I have almost daily correspondence with one of them! The fourth is a staff member at our Foundation Headquarters in Indianapolis. These women have shown a wonderful dedication to our organization, far beyond a typical "employee loyalty", that I often forgot that they were not Initiated members.

I'm so proud that in just a few weeks, these women will now be our Sisters. I don't know how we'd function without them! They have already devoted so much of themselves to us as an organization.
Thanks for sharing the news, Dee! We often assume that not all IHQ and Foundation staff members are initiated members, and I think it's wonderful that they'll be even more so a part of the Sisterhood.

So they'll be initiated at Beta Delta and not at Convention? Have the Convention initiates been announced yet?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

They are being initiated at Beta Delta. Nothing on Convention initiates yet!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

We have a woman at our IH that is the exact same that we've been trying to get to AI.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 PM

I was surprised to find out that there are a couple of ladies at our HQ that are not Alpha Phi's and I thought they were all along! I don't know if they joined a sorority in college or not or if they were not interested in Greek Life. I don't know if this is possible but are other members of other NPC's allowed to work for a Headquarters? For example, is an Alumnae of Alpha Delta Pi allowed to work for Alpha Phi or insert any NPC group for that matter?
Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
I don't know if this is possible but are other members of other NPC's allowed to work for a Headquarters? For example, is an Alumnae of Alpha Delta Pi allowed to work for Alpha Phi or insert any NPC group for that matter?
I know of at least two women at ADPi Executive Office/Foundation that are members of other NPC sororities. One of them from the same University I graduated from! Both are so wonderful to work with! I think it is great to get fresh perspectives every now and then.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:43 PM

That's awesome, of course I just used Alpha Delta Pi and Alpha Phi as an example, I'm sure many other NPC's have members that work for different NPC Headquarters. That to me is a great idea to get, like you said, a fresh perspective.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to congratulate all of the new ladies who will become AI members!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 03-28-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't you get it? These women have an established record of dedication to their GLOs. They didn't just randomly decide they wanted to AI - they were invited . You don't get to take any credit for this. This is a clear example of AI working the way it is supposed to - women with ties to the GLO and a history are extended an invitation.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Don't you get it? These women have an established record of dedication to their GLOs. They didn't just randomly decide they wanted to AI - they were invited . You don't get to take any credit for this. This is a clear example of AI working the way it is supposed to - women with ties to the GLO and a history are extended an invitation.
Many of us agree that this is how AI should be done.

None of this shopping stuff. None of this pursuing and being rejected by AAA and eventually going and getting initiated into CCC.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Dee,

This is such fantastic news! I'm sure that they will be wonderful additions to AGD! Spreading much love out to one of the fantastic organizations of the Syracuse Triad! Will you be able to attend the initiation at IU?

Last edited by indygphib; 03-28-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
That's awesome, of course I just used Alpha Delta Pi and Alpha Phi as an example, I'm sure many other NPC's have members that work for different NPC Headquarters. That to me is a great idea to get, like you said, a fresh perspective.

I believe we once had an Alpha Chi Omega alum working for us at one time. I'm not sure if she still does though.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Congrats to those receiving this prestigious honor.

Let's remember to play nice and if you can't say something nice...then either don't say it or expect it to be removed.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
I believe we once had an Alpha Chi Omega alum working for us at one time. I'm not sure if she still does though.
Kathryn Kish, Alpha Gamma Delta IHQ Executive Director, is a Kappa Alpha Theta.

Gale Wilkerson, Delta Tau Delta, used to chair the Alpha Gam Foundation. I believe he works for Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity now.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
That's wonderful! What a great honor and they sound very deserving. And yay that they're getting initiated at my alma mater!