Siggy says it all.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sure is Quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Iconoclastic
I can't wait to hear all the excuses why George Bush waxed the liberals. I am going to right down in advance all the excuses to be made on about three sites I frequent. I cannot wait to battle my friends face-to-face. And the senate. The democrats may possibly have a leader in their who is anti-abortion. With more Senators, means more federal appointees. If the democrats are illegally forcing a 55 to 45 vote, using their bogus tactics and reasons may not be able to do anything to stop Supreme Court appointees as well.
GOD help U.S.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sure is Quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I can't wait to hear all the excuses why George Bush waxed the liberals. I am going to right down in advance all the excuses to be made on about three sites I frequent. I cannot wait to battle my friends face-to-face. And the senate. The democrats may possibly have a leader in their who is anti-abortion. With more Senators, means more federal appointees. If the democrats are illegally forcing a 55 to 45 vote, using their bogus tactics and reasons may not be able to do anything to stop Supreme Court appointees as well.
Nah you probably won't here too much..folks can dish out the rhetoric...but they can't take it.

Keep it up and you'll have folks (that probably don't even serve God) telling you how to be a Christian and questioning your allegiance to your race.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Who's Gloating?

Quote:
The facts will speak for themselves. How do you figure you can tell me what is Christian and what is not? Honestly, I do not have the right to gloat, but just be thankful that Kerry did not win.

What do you mean by God help U.S.? Are you asking God for help? Are you asking God to help your President? Are you praying for Bush?

Big Chill? You left an important fact out! One Alpha man- Responsible for 45 million murders. Responsible for 536,000 Black homicides per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it up Icon and you'll be just as popular as me LOL.. I got folks chasing down my quotes and taking them to other forums....and some wonder why I have a fan club

People better stop playing with God..saying they're praying when they're not...or they may be praying..but they're praying for things contrary to whats in his word...calling others un-Christian when they don't know the first thing about Christianity...God doesn't like people messing with his children

But Icon,
what on earth are u talking about with saying one alpha man is responsible for 45 million murders????
Old 11-04-2004, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

While you state that "we" cannot question your Christianity, you are not in the position to question ours.

I have a hard time listening to people who claim to be Christians, but who do not act Christ-like. Yes, Bush is against abortion and same-sex marriage. So am I. Are those the only two things that define being a Christian? Is he in fellowship with other believers? Are his other policies Christ-like? I do not know about the first part, however, the last part say no.

So, some beliefs are more important than others when deciding if a person is moral. Just trying to get this straight.

Ok, what does voting Democrat have to do with race??? I vote Democratic for other reasons. Frankly, I care about people. I guess I feel the 'other' morals are important.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:29 PM
laidbackfella

Re: Who's Gloating?

I understood all of your rhetoric except this right here.

Quote:

Big Chill? You left an important fact out! One Alpha man- Responsible for 45 million murders. Responsible for 536,000 Black homicides per day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the ____ are you talking about?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: abaici

Quote:
If you care about people, then what about the ones in the womb? Kerry is pro-abortion. A vote for him would have definitely perpetuated it. 536,000 black babies murdered per year by abortion. Nothing could be on a more moral plane aside from getting saved. A vote for any democratic Presidential candidate since 1973 would be pro-murder/abortion. One possible exception maybe Jimmy Carter. I will research that. So you consider that.

LBF- Soap anyone!
at NO time did kerry say he was pro-abortion. he is pro-choice. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

I have been a CHRISTian all of my life and understand that the Lord has given us a certain measure of free will. Any CHRISTian knows that. as weird as it may sound when i put it like this, we have the God-given right to do wrong. whenever anyone sins, be it pre-marital sex, abortion, stealing, etc., they will be forgiven (if they repent) because of Jesus' sacrifice. and a sin is a PERSONAL thing between that INDIVIDUAL and God--not some man that is elected as president of the united states. if you can't see that, you have a lot of things to reevaluate.

and one more thing: passing judgement aint the job of NO one on this message board. so comments like "people are playing with God" or people not "knowing the first thing about Christianity" are waaaaay off.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Iconoclastic(Minister Fred Hatchett),

I am thinking about buying your book.

But if I may ask...how come you are so morally strict and on your website (www.dontgogreek.com) on the "forum" and "guestbook" sections you have pop-ups such as "Waiting to Flirt"???
Old 11-04-2004, 07:17 PM
laidbackfella

Quote:
LBF- Soap anyone!
Yes I curse but you fill in the blank with whatever word you were thinking of.

You still didn't answer the question or were you calling John Kerry an Alpha?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you care about people, then what about the ones in the womb? Kerry is pro-abortion. A vote for him would have definitely perpetuated it. 536,000 black babies murdered per year by abortion. Nothing could be on a more moral plane aside from getting saved. A vote for any democratic Presidential candidate since 1973 would be pro-murder/abortion. One possible exception maybe Jimmy Carter. I will research that. So you consider that.

LBF- Soap anyone!
Again, I stated that I am pro-life. However, my question is how is abortion MORE wrong than sending OUR children to fight an unjust war. Why does that one overshadow all of the other characteristcs and beliefs that Christians hold?

Bush and his ilk fight tooth and nail to end abortion. That proves that they respect life? If they respected life, they would continue to advocate for children. They would not cut money for programs that help produce happy and healthy children.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: abaici

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
at NO time did kerry say he was pro-abortion. he is pro-choice. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

I have been a CHRISTian all of my life and understand that the Lord has given us a certain measure of free will. Any CHRISTian knows that. as weird as it may sound when i put it like this, we have the God-given right to do wrong. whenever anyone sins, be it pre-marital sex, abortion, stealing, etc., they will be forgiven (if they repent) because of Jesus' sacrifice. and a sin is a PERSONAL thing between that INDIVIDUAL and God--not some man that is elected as president of the united states. if you can't see that, you have a lot of things to reevaluate.

and one more thing: passing judgement aint the job of NO one on this message board. so comments like "people are playing with God" or people not "knowing the first thing about Christianity" are waaaaay off.

Do not be deceived. God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, he will also reap. For he who sows to the his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
Galatians 6.7

I quoted the above scripture to not to engage in a full fledged debate of the Bible..but to say that folks can keep on using God's grace as an excuse to sin...or repentance as a way to justify their actions if they want..but that indeed is between an individual and God...he knows your heart...

On judgment day..if you can look God in the face and be proud of the fact that you voted for a man that is in favor of killing little babies in the name of "choice"...and a man that thinks marriage or a union between a man and another man is ok...then more power to you...that indeed is between you and God
Old 11-05-2004, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by abaici
Again, I stated that I am pro-life. However, my question is how is abortion MORE wrong than sending OUR children to fight an unjust war. Why does that one overshadow all of the other characteristcs and beliefs that Christians hold?

Bush and his ilk fight tooth and nail to end abortion. That proves that they respect life? If they respected life, they would continue to advocate for children. They would not cut money for programs that help produce happy and healthy children.
Sending grown men and woman..that signed up to be in the Armed Forces..whether they agree with the cause or not..to war..is quite different than protecting the right for an innocent child to be born into this world.

And as far as this overshadowing the beliefs that Christians hold..I guess it just depends on what is important to an individual. I could not in good conscience vote for a person that in any way shape or form validates the union of a man and a man..or a woman and a woman. God destroyed a city for it in the OT and he specifically says in the NT that its not acceptable. Now to some "christians" this isn't important...but too many..it is VERY important. And the fact that a person values a woman's choice over the life of an innocent child is more than enough to overshadow other "issues".. for some. BUt again..if one doesn't hold these values near and dear to them...I could see how it wouldn't matter to them.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228

No, he was going there by dissing the late great Thurgood Marshall, who rest his soul, was an Alpha. Ya know the one who did NOT write the Roe v Wade decision (the late great Justice Harry Blackmun, rest his soul, wrote the decision...I thank my lucky stars for that man)

(Yes I am a flaming AGNOSTIC PRO CHOICE sistah and damn proud of it!)...yes I said the word damn!

But of course he won't go there and mention that he busted his butt arguing the Brown v Board of Education ruling!

For someone who kicked his Greek affiliation to the curb, it is interesting he loves to hang around here

Quote:
Originally posted by laidbackfella
Yes I curse but you fill in the blank with whatever word you were thinking of.

You still didn't answer the question or were you calling John Kerry an Alpha?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: abaici

Quote:
Originally posted by Love_Spell_6
Sending grown men and woman..that signed up to be in the Armed Forces..whether they agree with the cause or not..to war..is quite different than protecting the right for an innocent child to be born into this world.

And as far as this overshadowing the beliefs that Christians hold..I guess it just depends on what is important to an individual. I could not in good conscience vote for a person that in any way shape or form validates the union of a man and a man..or a woman and a woman. God destroyed a city for it in the OT and he specifically says in the NT that its not acceptable. Now to some "christians" this isn't important...but too many..it is VERY important. And the fact that a person values a woman's choice over the life of an innocent child is more than enough to overshadow other "issues".. for some. BUt again..if one doesn't hold these values near and dear to them...I could see how it wouldn't matter to them.
I'm aware that these men and women signed up willingly (well, let's just go with that shall we). However, do you think it's right to send people into fight a preemptive war? Do you think it's fair to send them in when there's been little to no evidence to support it.

Again, since people are not understanding, I am against abortion and gay marriage. However, I do not understand why these two issues overshadow all of the other evil things that are being done. I'm sorry, Republicans do not have a trademark on morality. I do not appreciate, nor do I think it's accurate to paint all Democrats as heathens. How many Republicans who pay lip-service to being Christians have paid for other people's abortions or came out as homosexuals?